NEW Suncoast 48re Transmission

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about brand new. Only miles on it are approx 500 from breaking in my new engine. During this time the truck was limited to 3k rpm so zero abuse. This is the top of the line Suncoast with billet input/output. Also included is the equally new torque converter, also Suncoast. This is a direct bolt-in with no modifications needed. This transmission is tight! Put it in drive and it chirps the tires. I have over 7k invested in this setup but I'll sell it for $4,000 with shipping included to the continental US. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Scrambler1 said:
Just about brand new. Only miles on it are approx 500 from breaking in my new engine. During this time the truck was limited to 3k rpm so zero abuse. This is the top of the line Suncoast with billet input/output. Also included is the equally new torque converter, also Suncoast. This is a direct bolt-in with no modifications needed. This transmission is tight! Put it in drive and it chirps the tires. I have over 7k invested in this setup but I'll sell it for $4,000 with shipping included to the continental US. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

pic's ?

05-48re-2x.jpg

The Sun Coast complete transmission assembly offers you the ultimate in performance and durability, needed to deliver your Viper power to the ground. The Sun Coast transmission includes increased clutch count, rigid bands, steel planet carriers, pump modifications. All transmissions are rebuilt to exacting specifications with new bushings, seals, rings, frictions, and steels.

All hard parts are inspected, machined, or replaced to meet our specifications. These blueprinted assemblies include the Sun Coast valve body and are available with the Mag-Hytec deep pan option. All transmissions are dyno tested to assure pressure and flow calibrations.

Damn it! :mad:
I've already got mine apart in the shop...
Not sure the wife would allow a $4K drop in our account right now anyway.
Damn it!
:mad:

Good news is mine is still in good shape. The solenoid was f'ed up but the clutches were fine.:dontknow: Modifying to prolong it's life...

DAMN IT!:banghead:

Damn sure an excellent price !!!But where is it shipping from ???:dontknow: Sounds like oversees,or is it South Carolina ??:dontknow:

The Itch said:
Damn it! :mad:
I've already got mine apart in the shop...
Not sure the wife would allow a $4K drop in our account right now anyway.
Damn it!
:mad:

Good news is mine is still in good shape. The solenoid was f'ed up but the clutches were fine.:dontknow: Modifying to prolong it's life...

DAMN IT!:banghead:

never hurts to ask :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :dontknow:

ZCx said:
never hurts to ask :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :dontknow:

I could cough up $20.00 a month for the nextttt...200 months. I think the wife would be OK with that...:eek:

6pakattack said:
Damn sure an excellent price !!!But where is it shipping from ???:dontknow: Sounds like oversees,or is it South Carolina ??:dontknow:

Dennis----I believe it is in Blufton South Carolina ,,,near Hilton Head..

The Itch said:
I could cough up $20.00 a month for the nextttt...200 months. I think the wife would be OK with that...:eek:

ya think she might let ya off early with a good payment history????

s$*t 200 months is 16.67 years, lol.

would love it but I'm out of mod money at the moment. :) Can't beat this deal. Why buy new when you can get the same thing for half the price. I love this section of the forum. :rock:

Well I live in Bluffton but would be shipping from my office in Savannah. Also I travel to Atlanta a good bit and could deliver it pretty much anywhere in Ga. Shipping to a business is best due to weight and that it will ship on a pallet.

Suncoast does warranty their transmissions but I don't know if it's transferable... I'll check into it and post my findings.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back