New tires...BFG G-Force?

guinnessboy said:
hey, im not very well off and have to look to get out of things as cheap as possible.....but one thing ive never understood...you buy a 40K truck or more, spend thousands on mods, but will not spend an extra 100 bucks a tire to get a high quality proven tire for your trucks?? I will not be going Continental or General due to their piss poor track record with passenger tires ( see consumer reports) and will spend the extra money to get something on my truck that i know will perform and i can trust!!!

Just my $.02

So where is your PCM flash or VEC??? Just a few extra hundred bucks! :p

guinnessboy said:
hey, im not very well off and have to look to get out of things as cheap as possible.....but one thing ive never understood...you buy a 40K truck or more, spend thousands on mods, but will not spend an extra 100 bucks a tire to get a high quality proven tire for your trucks?? I will not be going Continental or General due to their piss poor track record with passenger tires ( see consumer reports) and will spend the extra money to get something on my truck that i know will perform and i can trust!!!

Just my $.02

the bfg's are my first choice, but the $$$ wasnt there and i needed tires. i had to buy when i did.

I do not have the BFG's but have been researching them lately. Numerous consumer feedback reports do say the tire handles great but about half of the respondents also stated the noise was very loud. Discount tire also said the tire does generate more noise than other tires in it's class. May not be an issue to some but for me I use the hands free cell phone alot and it could be annoying? Anyone else running the BFG's experienced the added road noise the tires produce?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
I do not have the BFG's but have been researching them lately. Numerous consumer feedback reports do say the tire handles great but about half of the respondents also stated the noise was very loud. Discount tire also said the tire does generate more noise than other tires in it's class. May not be an issue to some but for me I use the hands free cell phone alot and it could be annoying? Anyone else running the BFG's experienced the added road noise the tires produce?

Thanks!
I have been running them for 20,000 miles,And i think they are great.My truck is a d/d rain or shine,I have no issues with these tires.They are a quality tire with the correct rating for our application.Just my .02:burnout:

JRSVIPR said:
I have been running them for 20,000 miles,And i think they are great.My truck is a d/d rain or shine,I have no issues with these tires.They are a quality tire with the correct rating for our application.Just my .02:burnout:

That's good...so no noticeable increase in road noise at all compared to the Pirelli's from what you remember? Discount Tire said the Yoko's had the correct speed rating etc. but less road noise. Anyone else running the BFG's or Yoko's?

Thanks!

Bone said:
So where is your PCM flash or VEC??? Just a few extra hundred bucks! :p

and i was referring to the guys in the room who spent top dollar and have thrown on thousands of dollars worth of mods....................not like myself, who got his truck for 35 new out the door and tries to trade Guinness for auto service and parts! :rock:

i just got a new set of nitto 420's and love them. they seem to have far superior traction compared to the stock scorps. even in the rain...

I dont hear a dif in tire noise from the BFG vs Stock but I couldn't hear it over the exaust anyway!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back