New Tires onto New Powedercoated Wheels?????????

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
OK for those of you that have powdercoated your wheels.

I have just gotten mine back(FINALLY) from the powdercoater last week.

I sprayed 3 coats of clear on Monday. I figure tomorrow or thursday i am going in to have them mount the tires.

How the hell do i get the guys at the tire store to not use the crow bar to install them? What did you guys have the wheel store use to get the tires on without damaging the wheels?

I do have a guy with a new machine uses a plastic formed piece on the machine. But still using a bar.

Here is a pic of the wheels.

Attachments

• New Pics 074.jpg
    New Pics 074.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 208
SHU-DOG said:
OK for those of you that have powdercoated your wheels.

I have just gotten mine back(FINALLY) from the powdercoater last week.

I sprayed 3 coats of clear on Monday. I figure tomorrow or thursday i am going in to have them mount the tires.

How the hell do i get the guys at the tire store to not use the crow bar to install them? What did you guys have the wheel store use to get the tires on without damaging the wheels?

I do have a guy with a new machine uses a plastic formed piece on the machine. But still using a bar.

Here is a pic of the wheels.

They have machines that mount tires that never actually touch the wheel itself. Look for an installer that has one of those. I think they are called "touchless" tire mount?

Last edited:
I have heard of those too. Instead of the weird looking finger thingy it has a rubber wheel to push the tire it.

Those rims look purty too. Good to see things are getting pieced back together for ya!

OOHHHHH MAN

Im seeing a large $$$$ signs floating across my horizon. Im not likin the sound of this.

Whats gunnah happen if i use a new version of the old style? Instead of a metal finger this guy has a synthetic/rubber/plastic style but still using a bar with a synthetic cover for it????

He wants to do some trade but still a lil learing of gettin some damage.

ANY TIRE SHOP GUYS HERE??????

SHU

My machine requires me to use a crow bar to mount low pro wheels, If your careful you wont scratch them. atleast I havent. Find a shop that does custom wheels etc. they have the machines that can do it.

If you have a Discount Tire close by, they use the touch-less machines. Had them install my powder coated wheels. Not a scratch. I would ask first of course.

i used a machine with the plastic arm and 2 prybars and lots of lube. never even got close to touching the face of the rim

your best bet would be got to a high end or quality rim shop. they would be ues to not f-ing up nice rims.

All Done.

Guy at Big O Tire had his new machine up n running. He actually watched and made sure the machinist new these were not ur ordinary tire mount. So i took the machinist a 12 pack of XX Amber. He loved that.

I did trade witht the Big O Tire Manager. So didnt cost me a dime
AND
Im getting a bedliner biz deal out of it.

WOOOO WHHOOOOO.

So all good all the way around.

Post Pics tomorrow after i wash dirt off the truck.

SHU

SHU-DOG said:
All Done.

Guy at Big O Tire had his new machine up n running. He actually watched and made sure the machinist new these were not ur ordinary tire mount. So i took the machinist a 12 pack of XX Amber. He loved that.

I did trade witht the Big O Tire Manager. So didnt cost me a dime
AND
Im getting a bedliner biz deal out of it.

WOOOO WHHOOOOO.

So all good all the way around.

Post Pics tomorrow after i wash dirt off the truck.

SHU
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'd be damn nervous too if I were about to mount tires on those wheels. They look really gorgeous.

Need more pics.......

Finally Washed

Ok here are a couple of pics.

Realize the truck is in tear apart mode and has not been washed for 10 months.

Attachments

• SRT PCW S.jpg
    SRT PCW S.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SRT PCW FQ.jpg
    SRT PCW FQ.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • SRT PCW RQ.jpg
    SRT PCW RQ.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 31
SHU-DOG said:
Ok here are a couple of pics.

Realize the truck is in tear apart mode and has not been washed for 10 months.
That is freakin sweeeeet man, Nice job bro.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back