New Toyo Proxes S/T II

thjones3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has already got these on their truck. I am going to have mine put on Thursday morning. This is supposedly the latest and greatest from Toyo (came out about 2 weeks ago I think), as an upgrade/redesign of the original. The tread grooves look quite a bit larger, which leads me to believe it may be louder. Anyone have any experience with these yet? I will report back with my initial impressions when I get them. :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=40036&name=Proxes ST IIâ„¢&category=lgt-suv-truck

I have the original Proxes ST, and don't really like them much. Terrible wet traction.

LitemUp said:
I have the original Proxes ST, and don't really like them much. Terrible wet traction.

I will be a little more blunt.

They F*cking sucked in the rain. Hell, if someone spit on the sidewalk they would lose traction.

You guys aren't giving me that warm fuzzy feeling :D . They have a 500 mile "test" period. So, I will "test" them ;) . If the new ones suck as bad as you guys say the old ones are, then I will take them back.

Toyo's suck. I will never buy any of thier tires again. Spend a few extra $ and get the KDW II's. Onlinetires.com had free shipping the last time I checked.

I have the proxes st and I happen to like them. Better dry and wet traction then the pirelli's that came as stockers. I bought 3 and got one free. I am stock 100% and have NO issues with them at all. Good quiet ride, but may be a little looser in the side walls.

Initial impressions...

I've got about 150 miles on them so far, mostly highway. They have better dry traction than the Pirelli, but the biggest difference is the driveability. These tires feel much more stable and don't dart around like the OEMs did. Lane changes are much less scary now. They seem about the same as far as noise level is concerned. Although to be fair, it would have to be pretty freakin loud for me to hear the tires over the exhaust (and radio). I look forward to testing their limits a little more in the future :burnout: .

Almost anything is an upgrade of the stock tires. I am not going to defend the stock tires as I also did not like them, but when you read the comments of they are so much better than my stock tires you need to consider most are comparing worn stock tires to new tires, not to fair of a comparison.

That's true. However, I will say that my Pirelli's were like that when they were new also, they just got worse with age.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back