New Upper Grill

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new billet grill for the truck.It is for 02-05 1500 ram.Is there any diff.between stock grill and srt-10 grill.I know it's not honeycomb but I am concerned about the directions and what I am seeing.I guess the best thing to do is just dive in and see whats up.For some reason I am nervous that this thing is not going to fit! Have seen how some are removing the litte plastic holders.Does dodge sell these if the P.O.S does not fit and I have to put the old one back on? Any tips you guys can give would help ease my mind.:D

If you are not in a hurry to get your new grill installed, wait till I can post some pics of my truck. I have a billet grill, and I hate it. My opinion is that dodge was on the money with the stock grill, but that's my opinion. Also the fit is not great, either.

I am confused............you purchased a new dodge billet grill to replace your stock billet grill? Didnt your truck did come with a billet grill? I thought they all did.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I am confused............you purchased a new dodge billet grill to replace your stock billet grill? Didnt your truck did come with a billet grill? I thought they all did.

patrick

stock is plastic with a little shine!!!

Should fit alright. When you buy the honeycomb ones you order for the regular ram. So the grilles are the same. It is probably best to get new fastners to replace the old ones that will probably be useless when you take them out. Another trick is to take off the front grill to make the install easier.

Well I woke up this morning and said WTF I am going for it!! Dont know what I was so nervous about,Went on VERY easy.Took the grill shell off the truck which helped alot.Got the uppers off ebay for 80 buck delivered,Turned out pretty damn good IMO. Took a couple hours start to finish:rock: :rock:

.IMG_2268.JPG IMG_2269.JPG

GILMO'S10 said:
Well I woke up this morning and said WTF I am going for it!! Dont know what I was so nervous about,Went on VERY easy.Took the grill shell off the truck which helped alot.Got the uppers off ebay for 80 buck delivered,Turned out pretty damn good IMO. Took a couple hours start to finish:rock: :rock:

.View attachment 24352 View attachment 24353

Been there,done that,got rid of mine !!! The black paint started peeling on Powder Coated pieces,so I went with the black HoneyComb stock pieces !!! Much happier now !! But they do look nice !!!:rock:

6pakattack said:
Been there,done that,got rid of mine !!! The black paint started peeling on Powder Coated pieces,so I went with the black HoneyComb stock pieces !!! Much happier now !! But they do look nice !!!:rock:

yeah I have had the same problem with my lower grill.I was out with a small trim brush touching it up last weekend. I am sure I will have the same issue's with the new one.easy to take off and repaint though.I wish I could find a nice matching set for theses trucks! :rock:

Happy to hear the install went good. And looks like you did a good job too.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Happy to hear the install went good. And looks like you did a good job too.

Thanks, I dont know wtf I was worried about.:rock: :rock:

Well if your like me(mechanically challenged) I would be in the same boat. I always worry about DIY stuff because something usually always screws up for me. Then after I get it done it seems like it wasn't so bad. I just hate doing something to find out I need more tools or run around getting stuff to finish the project:D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back