New Wing Design

Which type of Wing do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, So a while back i had posted a pic of me wanting to add an '06+ tail gate cap turn at an angle to make it look like a "duck tail" lip/wing. Most of you said looked cheap and hated, others liked the "idea". Weeelp, I decided i should try and design my own. I Have yet to see any "Duck Tails" or "spoiler lip" on the markets for trucks, Actually I've only found one company that make 1 design which i believe Bad Snake has.

So with that said. Put your vote! Duck Tail, OEM wing, or No wing. If i get a good amount of votes for my design i will continue to produce a prototype out of Fiberglass.

My Design Consists of:

6" wide (at Base) X 8" Tall
-Fiberglass Body
-Smoked Acrylic Dodge Badge & MOPAR Symbol with Red LEDs behind for Brake Light
(Like Viper Car)
-1/4"x3/4" Long Self Tapping screws.
-Carbin Fiber Hydro-dipped
-Also have the option to insert a rear view camera below the Badge which is the perfect height!

Attachments

• wing 5.jpg
    wing 5.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 288
  • wing 3.jpg
    wing 3.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 259
  • wing 2.jpg
    wing 2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
So what are the drag and downforce numbers?

How does it affect stability at high speeds?

just like our OEM wheels, ya can't beat our OEM wing:rock::rock::rock:IMVHO of course:rock::burnout:

So what are the drag and downforce numbers?

How does it affect stability at high speeds?

studies show 800lbs of down force and significant amount of stability lol... To be honest, I would like to find out but i need to get a prototype made first and i am sure that in order to have the wind hit the wing, I think i need a tonneau cover and would have to be traveling at least 120mph+ because at 80mph you still get the wind tumbling around in the back of the cab.

Wing works without a tonneau.

Part of the reason I asked is the durability of how the wing is attached and the forces on the wing could result in an ugly failure ( if people drive like I do)

Wing works without a tonneau.

Part of the reason I asked is the durability of how the wing is attached and the forces on the wing could result in an ugly failure ( if people drive like I do)

The wing is at a good steep angle already. So who knows, It might catch a good amount of air and create some legit downforce at high speed.
Yea i agree with you 100%. thats why im going with actual fasteners. Not double sided tape. But like i said i need to get a prototype made first and put it to the test.

Last edited:
The wing is at a good steep angle already. So who knows, It might catch a good amount of air and create some legit downforce at high speed.
Yea i agree with you 100%. thats why im going with actual fasteners. Not double sided tape. But like i said i need to get a prototype made first and put it to the test.

Sounds good

Yea thats the one i was talking about. It's the only one ive seen for dodge ram aftermarket lip/spoiler. But i personally dont like it because it sits too flat and sticks out too far :dontknow:

what!!!! Im guessing you have not seen it in person.. no one in their right mine would make holes on the tailgate.

I would so install a duck tail wing bad snakes srt looks killer with that wing.

it looks bad ass on his truck. simple and clean.

what!!!! Im guessing you have not seen it in person.. no one in their right mine would make holes on the tailgate.

it looks bad ass on his truck. simple and clean.

well like Long Horn concerns are Safety & Durability is a must. I'd much rather use real fasteners for 3 reasons. 1) durability 2) Safety (dont want it to fall off due to worn out tape or glue and hit the car behind) and (3) it looks bad ass showing REAL screws.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back