Newbie from TN

CosmicSRT

Reaction score
Hello!! I am from Oak Ridge, TN and I'm the proud new owner of a Black 05 QC. I was in the market for a new play toy but my wife decided to lay down the law and said that if I got a new toy my current truck had to go. Well you can't live in TN and not have a truck. So I decided to make my next play toy a truck. That reminds me, I wanted to thank everyone on the site for playing a part in my decision to by the 10. I was looking at several trucks including, Lightning's, Harley Davidson F-150's, SS, and Rumble Bee's. The info on this site was definitely helpful in making my decision, especially the support that I saw coming from the vendors; Venomous1, JTSVP, JMB and ROE. Very nice to know that the truck is being and hopefully will continue to be supported.

I actually bought my 10 in Titusville, Florida. I flew down on December 9 and drove it back to TN the same day. Was a fun drive home!! I really wanted a RC for the six speed and the weight difference but ultimately went with the QC for everyday utility. It will be a daily driver and be hauling my two boys around regularly and the wife on rare occasions. So far I have ZERO complaints about my truck, love it. Don't even mind the gas mileage, too much, since I have a short drive to work.

I was able to get it on a mustang dyno a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised 484HP and 532TQ. The only mods I can see are CAI and TB. The guy doing the pull said it had been tuned before and told me it was a good tune and he wouldn't recommend me tuning it again until I did a few more upgrades. So now I have to figure out what's been done to it. That seems high for just a CAI and TB, and no exhaust work.

Anyways, glad to be here and thanks for all the help and information!!

Attachments

• SRT10 Baseline Dyno.jpg
    SRT10 Baseline Dyno.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Cosmic SRT10.jpg
    Cosmic SRT10.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to Our Forum!

If you Really like the 6 speed there is Cure for that and one of Vendors can help you out! As for the truck Congrats on the purchase and if you get with Viperjeff he may be able to get you some history on it. There is a wealth of information and helpful folks here so enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Thanks Rick, I may do that. Would be nice to find the previous owner to find out exactly what's been done to it and discover some of the history behind it.

As far as the six speed goes, it would be nice but probably be a little ways down the road. Right now, I'm pretty happy with how it runs, probably do a full exhaust and some cosmetic touch ups first but I'm really glad to know a six speed swap is out there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back