Newbie here checkin in w/ a question

stratdaddy

Reaction score
Bought the wife a new 06 SRT8 Charger with groups I, II, & III. Love the car but I don't get to drive it. I'm a truck guy and drive a 2000 F-350 Dually diesel 4x4 CC Lariat. I've been working my dealer (car not drugs) on a leftover SRT10 QC loaded up. They will take 14,000 off MSRP and give me about 18,000 for my trade. The question is... are you guys really satisfied with the trucks and are there any issues with the 05 I should be aware of ? I don't want to get into something I'll regret as the stroker runs real good. By the way, the guys at SRT8oc (which I'm a member) turned me on to this site. Thanks for any responses. JQ

Welcome to the asylum bro.....

This truck is a labor of love..... Drive one... If it gets in yer blood, then buy one.....

If not.....uh.....................NOT.

Good luck with your decision...

PS.......... looks like yer a guitar player eh?.........:rock:
SD

Last edited:
Welcome, I would suggest you drive one, you will enjoy the truck if you do not mind getting attention, 10-12mpg and 500+hp, you will never regret it! :rock:

What is the asking price after they take off the 14K? I bought mine new 05 QC for 35K, with nav, etc. Traded in my Lightning. Best decision I have made besides the viper GTS purchase!

Silent D & Get Bit, thanks for the welcoming comments, yeh I'm a guitar slinger, 3 USA strats, a Les Paul std and Marshall tube amps, Thats my definition of ROCK & ROLL! The last price I got was 38,000 w/ nav and sirious sat. were workin on gettin more for my truck and I'm not desperate to hand over the keys if ya know what I mean hee hee

That is not a bad price as now I am hoping that the prices stabize some with the announcement that they are not making them anymore!

You wont regret it! Post pics when you get it! LOL :rock:

38K, Hmmmmm... You could probably do better. They are really going for less than that in some places. However, with that said, take it for a test drive. If you can get a drive by yourself, open it up a little, you won't believe the pull!!
Many Fo*d owners have been converted!! You could (and should) be next!!! I have an '05 QC, I wouldn't trade it for anything! (And, I paid more than $38K for mine, and I am not upset about it!!)

BTW, Welcome to the forum. Even if you don't buy a 10, stick around!

Welcome StratDaddy!

Lots of fellow guitarists here....hmmm. Guess we like to haul stuff around. :)

Attachments

• alive02.jpg
    alive02.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 47
I'm in S.W. Florida (Ft. Myers) They have sold three of these since taking the discount. My choices are... black QC w/o nav & sirius, red w/o nav & sirius, red with nav & sirius and silver with nav. All are QC which is a must for my Family outings with my eight year old daughter. By the way she loves mom's new SRT8 Charger. The payment is really a wash since I would lease it to my company, but I do have a Pace Shadow car hauler that I really don't want to try to tow with the SRT10. I just might go for Christmas in October and call it my Halloween present tommorow! And yes ntw0rk, I probably will do better. We shall see.

Taking the truck for a blessed hellride isn't a prob either, as my salesman is a good friend that let me do whatever I wanted when I bought the SRT8CH

Ft. Myers? Hmmm.....there's a prominent guitar parts company in Ft. Myers. :)

I like the nav in mine, but it's really only good for long road trips (and left exits). If possible, save your cash and get an aftermarket nav unit.

Yeah Kevan, I forget the name but it's about 20 min drive from the house, my buddy in Ky wants me to go and check it out. if I remember the name of the place I'll let you know what it is. I'll try to get my pics up tommorow unless I'm out buying a new SRT10 ha ha!

I owned diesels from 93 until I bought my 05 RC in February of 05. I don't miss the diesels at all.

Welcome aboard and hope you join us as an owner soon.

Go with the most options. I would rather have the nav then the 6 disc changer. And if you get sirrus I think you get a few months free and you will be able to control it with your steering wheel controls. As far as issues not really any. Give the truck a good look over and pay special attention to the tires. On the test drive check for vibes. If you can get new tires.

As far as liking the truck, I love mine. I get lots of looks and it is rare to see another SRT-10 on the road. Welcome to the site.

when trading in another truck it will be hard to get a better deal in my opinion, allways has been for me. I allways sell mine before i go to the dealer or just buy the other one then work on selling mine, i'd be willing to bet if you talked cash you'd get another 5g knocked off.

I don't really think cash excites dealers much at all. When I bought mine, all I heard was how much they wished I was financing through them--They get points ($) off the interest rate that you are paying. So essentially, the finance guy (the one that does all your paperwork, whether you pay cash or not) didn't make squat off of my deal.

Lets see here, 500 hp 22" wheels, 518 watt stereo, a way cool factor, wings, scoops. Nah I would stay with the Ford......................NOT

Welcome to the madness

looking in ebay this morn. found an 06 in grey w/o nav but it has a power sunroof like the wife's Charger. They are taking 11,000 off msrp but...that means all applicable discounts are figured in and I would want the 0 percent interest for 60 mos. You don't get the cash allowance and 0 perc.,my dealer said he will try to get me to what I would be at with 0 percent for 60 mos on the 05, because no finance incentives for 05's. wtf? you want to sell it or not dork? I don't get these dealerships and probably never will. I'm gonna make them put the deal more in my favor or walk away. Like I said I'm not desperate and I don't bend over for anyone except my old lady cause she bends over for me!

stratdaddy said:
Bought the wife a new 06 SRT8 Charger with groups I, II, & III. Love the car but I don't get to drive it. I'm a truck guy and drive a 2000 F-350 Dually diesel 4x4 CC Lariat. I've been working my dealer (car not drugs) on a leftover SRT10 QC loaded up. They will take 14,000 off MSRP and give me about 18,000 for my trade. The question is... are you guys really satisfied with the trucks and are there any issues with the 05 I should be aware of ? I don't want to get into something I'll regret as the stroker runs real good. By the way, the guys at SRT8oc (which I'm a member) turned me on to this site. Thanks for any responses. JQ

I traded in a 2003 F350 Crew Cab, 4 Wheel drive, dually, Powerstroke that was tricked out for my 05 QC. I loved my diesel more than any truck I'd ever had up to that day, but haven't missed it once. These things are too fun...:D :) :burnout:

Tell then you want a Sirius lifetime series. I got that from my dealer. What a sweet deal. As long as I have the truck I have free Sirius.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back