newbie with a ?????

nghtrunner#327

Reaction score
my knowledge of the viper v-10 engine is limited to I know what most of you know but the only way to learn is to ask right??? I just got a 06 with 62000 miles on it but just had a total engine overhaul done on it from top to bottom with a brand new short block all done before I got it. so I took notice there is a slight ticking sound coming from it nothing really loud almost like a old v-8 muscle car with a rocker that's needs to be adjusted. I was told that its normal true? like I said its very slight....

Some "tick" is very normal for our engines. The noise is coming from the lifters. If you want to be sure, make a video of your engine running, post it here, and we'll listen to it for you.

Welcome to the VTCoA.

Some "tick" is very normal for our engines. The noise is coming from the lifters. If you want to be sure, make a video of your engine running, post it here, and we'll listen to it for you.

Welcome to the VTCoA.
Ok cool it don't sound like any hard parts just a tick. that's what it sounds like to me lifter noise but like i said i no old school V-8's and this is all new to me thank you for your help.

only one i got so far took the picture and dropped my phone more to come tomorrow have the rest of the week off and will take more pics with a camera and not my now broke phone

Attachments

• 1378853836666.jpg
    1378853836666.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Our injectors are loud too, could also be that.

It's normal sir and a lot of people will ask, "Is it suppose to sound like that?"....

Like 2Slow said, 15-50 if weather permitting and it will quieter her down

Ok cool thanks guys! I am doing a service today so ill go with the heavier oil like you guys said. cant wait to get everything done on my truck so i can have some real fun and really see what it has. the tires on it are shot and hard as a rock so just spins like crazy plus the truck sat for a while and i wana go over it before i play :driver:

Ok cool thanks guys! I am doing a service today so ill go with the heavier oil like you guys said. cant wait to get everything done on my truck so i can have some real fun and really see what it has. the tires on it are shot and hard as a rock so just spins like crazy plus the truck sat for a while and i wana go over it before i play :driver:

getting kinda cold for the 50 wt...now if you were changing your oil 2 months ago id say go with the 15-50...but any time now the temps round here are gunna drop. if you plan on driving until snow-or right through it stick with the 0 40

getting kinda cold for the 50 wt...now if you were changing your oil 2 months ago id say go with the 15-50...but any time now the temps round here are gunna drop. if you plan on driving until snow-or right through it stick with the 0 40

Agree 100% Some guys run 0w40 during the winter and 15w50 during the summer. You could maybe, MAYBE get away with running 15w50 in deep south Florida or California.

At least that is what I gathered when I first got my truck. I don't know from experience I run 0w40 all year, it's what it came with, I can get it cheap, and I've never had a problem. Plus I love the "noise"

Since you are new I will let you in on one of the forum rules.
Before new tires, all forum members must make a burn out video.

Maybe if I had a TRD supercharger on it. At ~6500lbs and AWD it won't even chirp a tire.

Sorry I got a little carried away...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KcJrj49H2U]Tuned Toyota Land Cruiser Drifting Hard - MEMTS 2012 Full HD!!! - YouTube[/ame]

:D:DLets be honest here.. a V10 Viper motor is a noisy ole Bitch. Now that we all know the 800 lb Gorilla is sitting in the room, We acknowledge the original OP doesn't have a problem right.:rock:

Damn these engines suck for noise.:dontknow:

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back