Next Space Shuttle Launch

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my "Bucket List" items is to catch a Space Shuttle launch "Up close and personal". Want to hear it, feel it and see it with my own eyes. I think there may be three more launches in 2011.

Is there anyone here who lives along the river in Titusville that would be willing to let a brother stand in the yard to watch such an event. Don't want to move in with you. Just want a good view of the launch. Right now I'm shooting for the Feb. 3rd launch.

How often are the missions scrubbed and postponed? I guess it could be one of those situations where they are T-XX seconds to launch and it can always be stopped for some reason. But I'd like to give it a shot. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a good item to have on that list.

Hope it works out and you get t' see that baby....

Jakes seen it a bunch'a times from his former residence, or at least that's the rumor.

Must be a real burst'a fkn power. Maybe the ultimate, next to a large nuke.

Good luck....

D

It's a good item to have on that list.

Hope it works out and you get t' see that baby....

Jakes seen it a bunch'a times from his former residence, or at least that's the rumor.

Must be a real burst'a fkn power. Maybe the ultimate, next to a large nuke.

Good luck....

D
Now that we're down to the last three missions, everyone wants to scratch that item off their Bucket List. I've read that it's a mad house down there trying to find a good spot to view the launch. I think all the NASA tickets that you can purchase are long gone but I need to make a phone call to verify that. There are some parks along the river on the Titusville side but you need to establish your position about 12 hours before the launch.

The Feb. 3rd launch goes off at approx. 1:30AM. Have no idea if the early hour will effect viewer attendance. I thought I'd ask the question here just in case someone had a good viewing position. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

no the time will not affect the grid lock that goes on down there during a launch, good luck and just for your info you can see the launch from orlando (grew up down there) or any 50 mile radius from the pad and if its really clear even farther, the last night launch I saw it all the way up here in GA you just wont get the fell of it but it is a must do.

I lived right on Merritt Island (the island NASA is on). It's something to behold for sure.... the launch used to rattle my windows and knock pictures off the wall. :eek:

If you have an RV, you MIGHT be able to get into Jetty Park Campground which is a great place to watch. But, nothing compares to actually being by the launch timer onsite. It should be possible to get a viewing spot there, but you have to go EEEEEEEARLY. If you get down there and get desperate, any street near the shore in Cocoa Beach is a good place to watch. :);)

Canaveral National Seashore would be a nice place to sit on the beach and view the launch as well. :) http://www.nps.gov/cana/index.htm

Last edited:
This reminds me I need to go see one too, I've seen em from far away but never up close. I saw one on a clear night from 200 miles away.

Thanks for everyone's input. All good ideas.

Called NASA today. They haven't started selling the tickets for Aprils launch. Got on their email system and will be notified when they go on sale. This will get me as close as you can get. Going to try and do that one. Unless someone has press credentials I can use.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back