Next Stop... San Antonio

NickGuyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having just moved to Andrews last month, my family is now moving to San Antonio in November. My wife got accepted to the Physicians Assistant (commissioning) program on Tuesday and her class date is December 2010. She'll be doing class at Fort Sam and I'll be stationed at Lackland.

What's the scene like around there, any members live around there, any tracks, any groups/meet-ups, suggestions for housing off-base (we have a pure-bred doberman)?

Just a shout out from S.A. :rock: There are a few of us with 10's running around S.A. maybe catch up with ya at Biff's car show when ya get here. We do have a racetrack about 20minutes away, San Antonio Raceway. I have raced there quite a bit and have a few of my own videos posted. It has been featured on Pinks a few times and also Pass Time. Housing market is kinda slow but from what I hear is good buyers market, if you got school age kids look into a nice school district, but plenty of options. For example, I have known the owner of the house next to me for 15 years who is in the ariforce. For the past 8 years or so rents the house out to other air force family's as they move through S.A. So had a few renters over the years, usually 2 to 3 year stints. I live on the northside which is a nice part of town. Both my parents worked at Fort Sam so I know this location is ok if you work on base, but I'm far from Lack Land which is on the south side of S.A. so if you wanna be closer to that base, you'll wanna look for places near there. But if you need any info and If you think I can help, send me a pm and I'll see what I can come up with. Also I'm sure some others here in S.A. will chime in soon too with some good info for ya.

Last edited:
Awesome man, thanks for all the info. We were looking at places last night (homes.com) and for what is being sold for ~$90k around there is ~$500k here. We'll probably try to find a place in the middle of the bases... unless that's a bad area. I have two girls at 15 months and 7 years old, location/safety is obviously the most important to us.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back