NHRA 4 Wide on TV NOW

FSTJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NHRA Drag Racing 4 Wide on TV NOW.

This is the inaugural race for 4 lanes running at the same time.

It is on ESPN2.

Watching it right now. Pretty cool. That could have been an ugly wreck.

Right in my backyard, and I'm not there:(

SANTEEN said:
Watching it right now. Pretty cool. That could have been an ugly wreck.

Boy could it ever have been bad.....:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Those things are so scary, i crew on a nostalgia TF/FC and they are about 2 seconds slower. The nostalgia cars are a really wild ride.

I get fans asking me in the pits "wouldn't you like to drive the car".
There is no way I have the cajones to get behind the wheel of one of those funnies. They are a real handful, and just scary to me.

(commercial) I know you guys want one of those hot rod grills.... :D

505'sFastestViper. said:
how you feeling today buddy? gettin excited i bet !!!!!!

Yes, I just don't want to get too excited as it hasn't happened so many times before.

I really want to get this done......:rock::rock::rock:

GADodgetech said:
:dito: I went to martinsville instead and sat in the pouring freezing rain for 4 hours to find out the race was cancelled :mad:

Sorry that happened to you...:mad::mad::mad:

I sat in my den and watched the drags on TV until the final round was rained out...:(:(:(

Didn't have to drive, or pay, or park, or walk, or freeze.......:D:D:D

The 4 wide is different, really hard to follow for me......:confused::confused::confused:

so is NHRA still 1/4 mile or did it change? i thought because of some past accidents it was going to be shortened:dontknow:

SANCHOBA said:
so is NHRA still 1/4 mile or did it change? i thought because of some past accidents it was going to be shortened:dontknow:
Top fuel and Top fuel funny car are shortened to 1000' from the full 1/4 mile 1320'...:(:(:(

This is to give them an extra 320' of shut down area and slow them down a little.

They TF cars are going 313-323 now instead of 225-235.

The funny cars are going 202-215 instead of 220-230.

These are just ranges not the actual speeds as an example.........:burnout::burnout::burnout:

All other classes still run the full 1/4 mile...

SANCHOBA said:
The two Nitro classes were shortened to 1000'

i am a old timer here in the early 70 ran a 1/4 mile in long island NY i think it was ihra we ran 4 lanes i was running a 65 Mustang at the time 4 lanes running was a blast

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back