Nine months later...

ntw0rk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed and Leon were on their way home from a hunting trip in northern Colorado. After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard. They pulled into a nearby farm house and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could spend the night.
“I realize it’s terrible weather out there, and I have this huge house all to myself,â€￾ she said, “but I’m recently widowed, and I’m afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house.â€￾
“Not to worry, ma’am,â€￾ Ed said. “We’ll be happy to sleep in the barn. And if the weather breaks, we’ll be gone at first light.â€￾
The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had indeed cleared. So Ed and Leon got on their way and had an uneventful ride home.
About nine months later, Ed got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally realized that it was from the attorney of the attractive widow he met on that fateful evening.
Soon afterward, he dropped in on his friend Leon and asked, “Leon, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm where we stayed nine months ago?â€￾
“Sure, I remember her,â€￾ said Leon.
“Did you happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and sleep with her?â€￾ asked Ed.
“Well, uh, yeah,â€￾ Leon said, a little embarrassed about being found out, “I have to admit that I did.â€￾
“And did you happen to use my name instead of telling her your name?â€￾ asked Ed.
Leon’s face turned bright red and he admitted, “Yeah, sorry buddy, I’m afraid I did. Has something… um… happened?â€￾
“It sure has, Leon,â€￾ Ed replied. “She died last week and left me everything!â€￾

Generally when we get a new manager they will give us all a business card so we will have their phone numbers.

I always tell them thank you, and that I use those cards to give out to girls I meet in bars so they will not know my real name.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back