nirous nozzle

Devil Inside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I was wondering where I should be placing my nozzle at? website says 6-18 inches away from the TB but been reading that we have a senor that reads the temp on the intake and could advance the timing on the truck. so I placed mine right before the TB. not sure if I like it there. was wondering if I could move it to the cai tube and mount it there or if that senor would cause issues?

Best place is 2 of them drilled and tapped into the manifold right behind the throttle body. I have one and it is just in front of the throttle body. In the K&N tube

The 6-18" rule is fine. I know a guy that ran a 200 shot from his K&N CAI and sprayed countless bottles through it thousands of miles. Now, as far as IAT sensor, I'm betting his was tuned around the response from IAT sensor to avoid advancing timing due to cooler temps.
Again, make sure your tune is on;)

Just remember.... gasoline doesn't turn corners very well!! it will slam against the sides at the corners. the mixture will be less than adequate if you ask the gasoline to make a corner. the Nitrous is looking for heat to expand and it won't get it from the gasoline. The gasoline won't evaporate very well while the nitrous is stealing all the heat! Try to keep the "shot " as straight as possible! ....just my 3 cents... :)

Just remember.... gasoline doesn't turn corners very well!! it will slam against the sides at the corners. the mixture will be less than adequate if you ask the gasoline to make a corner. the Nitrous is looking for heat to expand and it won't get it from the gasoline. The gasoline won't evaporate very well while the nitrous is stealing all the heat! Try to keep the "shot " as straight as possible! ....just my 3 cents... :)

Yeah mine is installed right at the elbow on the cai just after the sensor. I'm thinking I have it in the right spot just hoping that I could move it up further on the cai but not a huge deal. Might look into a throttle body spacer with a port for the nitrous but they seem to be pricy

The 6-18" rule is fine. I know a guy that ran a 200 shot from his K&N CAI and sprayed countless bottles through it thousands of miles. Now, as far as IAT sensor, I'm betting his was tuned around the response from IAT sensor to avoid advancing timing due to cooler temps.
Again, make sure your tune is on;)

Yeah once everything is installed and have it ready to be sprayed I'll get my truck retuned. Last thing I want to do is blow the engine.

Yeah once everything is installed and have it ready to be sprayed I'll get my truck retuned. Last thing I want to do is blow the engine.

Sent you a pm with my number in case you need help with install. You going out to that GTG on 83rd tomorrow?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back