Nitrous Install Question

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so a friend of mine is kicking around the idea about adding a nitrous system to his silver 10. He thought all about where the bottles will be mounted, what safety features should be included and how it will all tie together with some cosmetic features to make it all purdy. What he thought of only recently was where the jets will be mounted and how they will tap into the system. Drill into the intake? NOPE! The intake is polished and was just installed last year and he definately didn't want permanent holes present. I did notice how a couple or three people on this forum used a TB spacer to drill the jet holes into. Does any of our vendors sell them? If not :dontknow: does anyone have an idea where I can.. :eek: Uhh I mean, my friend can get one?

Tell your FREIND to go on ebay they sell one for like 85 bucks ,,you will need to have it milled down to thin it down ,,so you wont have to mess with the throttle cable lenght ,,,thats what my FREIND did :D stinkoman can get you a perimeter one but they want 400 bucks for it ,,,my FREIND wont pay that much for one:p
My FREIND will post a pic when he gets off work today :D

Nitrous Outlet offers a plate. Looks pretty good and they said they have had good results.

Hope this helps.

MikeNice said:
Nitrous Outlet offers a plate. Looks pretty good and they said they have had good results.

Hope this helps.

ya for 449 bucks :mad:

Venom Power said:
Okay so a friend of mine is kicking around the idea about adding a nitrous system to his silver 10. He thought all about where the bottles will be mounted, what safety features should be included and how it will all tie together with some cosmetic features to make it all purdy. What he thought of only recently was where the jets will be mounted and how they will tap into the system. Drill into the intake? NOPE! The intake is polished and was just installed last year and he definately didn't want permanent holes present. I did notice how a couple or three people on this forum used a TB spacer to drill the jet holes into. Does any of our vendors sell them? If not :dontknow: does anyone have an idea where I can.. :eek: Uhh I mean, my friend can get one?

helix throttle body spacer is what i used....

i have always been told to mount the bottle at an angle - i cant remember the angle off hand - but a quick search will find it Quick not stright up and down !!! there are a few ppl here that will disagree with this - but this is IMO

VIPER said:
helix throttle body spacer is what i used....

i have always been told to mount the bottle at an angle - i cant remember the angle off hand - but a quick search will find it Quick not stright up and down !!! there are a few ppl here that will disagree with this - but this is IMO

The bottle is mounted with the bottle nut or exit line facing down. There is a siphon tube inside the bottle that faces down in the same direction as the exit line. This way the nitrous picks up liquid at the bottom of the bottle.

V10SC_V12TT said:
The bottle is mounted with the bottle nut or exit line facing down. There is a siphon tube inside the bottle that faces down in the same direction as the exit line. This way the nitrous picks up liquid at the bottom of the bottle.

yep :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

man for no more than you will be spraying just put a nozzle in the intake.. done it's easy to hide and it's like 35 bucks the bottle needs to be mounted at a 10 degree agnle with the connecting hose facing down so the pick up tube can pick up the N20 gas and not just oxygen

Tooloe said:
man for no more than you will be spraying just put a nozzle in the intake.. done it's easy to hide and it's like 35 bucks the bottle needs to be mounted at a 10 degree agnle with the connecting hose facing down so the pick up tube can pick up the N20 gas and not just oxygen

Since your friend is only going to spray 75-100 shot just install it on the intake tube. It will be alot easier and cheaper going that route. Save that money for a window switch and a bottle heater, and everything should be just fine. I've had mine for about 3 yrs and never had a problem (KNOCK on wood).

i already have my intake drilled/tapped out..... :)

for safety sake, i plan on adding a fuel pressure switch to cut off da nitrous if it goes low...... out of nitrous, it will run pig rich - out of fuel, boom. :(

moparracing said:
i already have my intake drilled/tapped out..... :)

for safety sake, i plan on adding a fuel pressure switch to cut off da nitrous if it goes low...... out of nitrous, it will run pig rich - out of fuel, boom. :(
when i'm WOT spraying a 225 Shot i'm hitting 11.3 A/F Ratio.... some times if the lights just right it looks like a diesel lol.. but i'd rather be pig rich than lean anyday!:rock:

Some great responses. I have, um I mean HE, has a window switch on order and on the way. Bottle heaters: CHECK. Pressure gauge: CHECK. HE didn't want to pay $400 bucks for plate. And drilling and tapping into the intake is a no no.. That $400 is better for going towards the billet double bottle bracket and making the bottles powdercoated red and skulled like Toole's intake manifold. Gonna look killer, yup. And it WILL be about a 100 shot since internals aren't forged. It's not like this thing will be racing anyway. That's why "my friend" got the carbon fiber hood.. Just for it all to look fantastic..:top:

PM Tinygiants. He custom machined a throttle body plate himself for his, but I don't think he's going to use it. Might be able to get it for a reasonable price.;)

Ram From Hell said:
PM Tinygiants. He custom machined a throttle body plate himself for his, but I don't think he's going to use it. Might be able to get it for a reasonable price.;)

I'll try him. :D Thanks a ton..

Whats wrong with tapping into the air intake tube? Stock has the ridges aftermarket is smooth not sure witch would be better...
ive seen it before

bigredv10 said:
Whats wrong with tapping into the air intake tube? Stock has the ridges aftermarket is smooth not sure witch would be better...
ive seen it before

Nothing wrong with it that I can see. I'm just exploring as many options as I can before settling. The air intake tube may be the route I'd have to take actually.

yes that is the one i have - for the oem TB :)

Venom Power said:
Nothing wrong with it that I can see. I'm just exploring as many options as I can before settling. The air intake tube may be the route I'd have to take actually.

tappin the intake might be a better route for you - it gives the "dryshot" more time to mix with the air b4 hitting the intake and cyl.

good luck if you need ne help hit me up :)

i am installing a 2 stage fogger system on my truck this weekend

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back