Nitrous questions

OsirruZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a few questions about hitting the bottle. Seems as though there is this pesky L that has went off 1 too many times and needs to be put in his place. We've run a few times from a roll and he puts about 2 lengths on me each time.

With that said, I have an NX kit laying around. Literally, laying around. I never intended to put it on the truck but I can't take much more of the L gossip. I really want to run a 100-150 shot, wet of course, nothing less. I do have the X-Metal reflash computer. Should I run the spray with the X-Metal reflash or go back to stock computer?

This kit will only be on the truck long enough to rape the L then it has to be taken off. Anything I need to keep in mind about intalling this kit on the truck? Problems or concerns any of you maybe have encountered?

Thanks in advance guys.

I would use the 100 shot with the reflashed computer, kick his ass and return to old setup. I don't think you should use the 150 unless you change your computer back to stock.

Awesome, I might go to the track tomorrow and try out both computers with your recommended size jet. I was just worried about running the N20 on top of the reflash. Thanks for the info.

Not 100% sure on this. But I think the timing is too advanced for nitrous. I would use a stock tune.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Not 100% sure on this. But I think the timing is too advanced for nitrous. I would use a stock tune.

Ditto, you want that bad boy to run rich or you go boom!

yeah what is fatjack talking bout?

use the stock computer for the nitrous. Wouldnt be a bad idea to fil your tank with some high oct gas either. Before I used to hit the track in my old nova 383 nova with a 100shot, always gave it a half tank of 100oct to keep things a lil safer. Would pull the timing back 6deg down to 31-32 fully advanced and bottle pressure woud always be at 900 minimum.

have fun and whoop that L.

P.s. another free mod is to learn to powershift hard and fast

That L must be modded,,,so why not ask him to go back to stock

FerrariTruck said:
P.s. another free mod is to learn to powershift hard and fast

That was the first thing I learned when I bought this thing 3 years ago.:D

I suppose the CONSERVATIVE way to do it would be the stock computer, of course you have not heard from anyone else running nitrous on our trucks...

Well, we got the kit installed. I have to go buy some more jets tomorrow. Biggest jet that came in the kit was a 75. I have the stock ECU in it with the 75 shot and honestly I think the truck was faster with just the X-metal reflash. So tomorrow we go to buy a 150 jet.

Ill pick up a 100 also to try on the X-metal reflash. I was hoping to have this done today to make test n tune at the track on wednesday night. Guess we will have to do it by seat of the pants.

OsirruZ said:
Well, we got the kit installed. I have to go buy some more jets tomorrow. Biggest jet that came in the kit was a 75. I have the stock ECU in it with the 75 shot and honestly I think the truck was faster with just the X-metal reflash. So tomorrow we go to buy a 150 jet.

Ill pick up a 100 also to try on the X-metal reflash. I was hoping to have this done today to make test n tune at the track on wednesday night. Guess we will have to do it by seat of the pants.
So what your saying is, x-metal reflash is stronger than a 75 shot? Did you install a CO2 bottle by mistake?

I run my setup with the reflash, I have the stock ecu as well but had the tune done with reflash in place and the A/F is dead on. No complaints

WAZZSUP said:
....when the bottles are full :) 150

EDWARD....I got your good looks hanging :)
he he he....goin fishin this afternoon, will send you som epics:D did i mention pcb is in two weeks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back