Nitto 555 20's

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a set up at the track with Nitto 555 20' drag radials on the SRT 10 RC? I hate the traction, or lack there of, with the Pirelli's; gonna take more practice than I thought.

I had looked into the Nittos...problem is they arent wide enough to really help much....I think the M&Hs everyone is using are 3" wider..

TNVIPER said:
I had looked into the Nittos...problem is they arent wide enough to really help much....I think the M&Hs everyone is using are 3" wider..

I see. Are the M&H's better suited if your modified? I only have a lower kit and magnaflow muffler right now.

IMO your money would be better spent on exhaust (remove cats) mod and flashing the PCM first.....you will pick up more speed in the 1320 than the DRs will do.......but after these mods the DRs will help...

The Nitto's are fantastic on the street, but the track, YUK! The forst 10 passes will be ok, but after that they lose their effectiveness. IMO

Oh, and that is with the Nitto 555 in an 18". Some of my buddies have the 20" now and have said the same thing...

M&H FTW on the trucks.

a friend used them on his 04 cobra with some major mods. he said same thing after couple of runs, they were no better than a soft street tire.

So what do you guys find to be the best standard size tire at the 1/4 mi track? I plan to hit the road course as well.

Also, are your shift points at redline or before?

You should stay away from the Nitto's for 1 they aren't tall enough, and 2 was mentioned before. They lose the effectiveness after 10-15 passes.

Go with M&H you won't be sorry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back