No BS, SRT10 took a BMW M5

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked up the performance specs on the BMW M5 and I should not have been able to touch it with a ten foot pole. I am guessing it was 2010 or 2011 from the look of it. However the SRT-10 smoked it, albeit under prime circumstances.

A guy in his Bmer was taking off from every light he stopped at. I finally got next to him. I took off normal and so did he at first. I heard his engine start to rev up and nailed the 10. Totally jumped out at least a fender length. I jumped out of it after the shift to second, not a place to get carried away. He just kept speeding away in shame :aetsch:

Just thought I would share. I'm thinking his turbos were not spooled up yet and he gave the ultimate advantage to the 10, starting from a roll @ around 20-30 mph.

He looked like a goober anyway. Probably went to the dealer to tell them something was wrong with car. "Umm, yeah, A big mean pick up truck with 4 doors just stomped all over my Bimmer, I don't think it's running right!!!!" :rock::rock:

6 cylinder twin turbo owners with attitude. I smacked one around on the interstate pretty bad. Pissed him off so bad he had to go make a major purchase on his credit card. lol

Whoops, hold the phone....the one I smacked around was a 335.

& this little bemmer cried all the way home:elefant::elefant::elefant:

good kill:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

I honestly don't know what it was (V10 or V6) but I watched a clip of the V10 and what I was messing with sounded similar. It sounded pretty good. I was behind it twice when he took off from lights before I got next to him. I know BMW's are nice but I do not know much about them other than that.

Regardless, I am sure he was not a happy camper. He just happen to unknowingly stack the cards in my favor. I am sure he thought he was going to just show off and go blasting by me. Sorry, NOPE didn't quite happen that way!!!

God that exhaust note!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1_OKkZzp4]YouTube - ‪BMW M5 with Eisenhaus Meisterschaft GT Exhaust In Action‬‏[/ame]

To be honest our SRT is probably louder....ooops

seems like alot of noise & not much get up & go:dontknow::dontknow:

I beat one about a year ago on a freeway on ramp, didn't know they were supposed to be fast till I mentioned it to a friend. I did have the bottle turned on though, you never know when shits about to go down ,lol.

If that was the V10 that is pretty much what it sounded like. Obviuously the car in the video had a modified exhaust and was more tingy than what I saw on the street but when the guy I encountered reved it up it sounded very similar just more of a solid sound than the video. As a matter of fact when I heard him take off I thought it sounded a little like the SRT10, now I know why, if it was a 10 cylinder engine.

That's great:D

I agree, I heard many times it sounded like a Viper and some like the Viper truck,especially starting off from idle and nailing it,lol. Sounding like
Mine. You can for sure tell it's a smaller displacement 10 cyl. Likely 350-400ci. Bit a high revver. That's speculation as that's how most 10s are other than the Viper.

seems like alot of noise & not much get up & go:dontknow::dontknow:

0-60 in low 4's and 1/4 miles in 12.5 a trapping 115's out the box...they are pretty quick.

And up top on the highway they are untouchable. SCREAMERS

well I heard some story by a certain dork about his buddies 1 series beamer being a badass machine.....haha

nice kill....those M5's are fun rides forsure..... I was looking at them for a minute... expensive to mod though

I wouldn't really call it a kill 100 percent because those cars are definitely fast and I was only on it for it short time. I would call it more of nice swift kick in the balls that hurt pretty bad. To have a full size pick up truck stomp your $86K man machine out of the gate just can't make your manhood feel good. If you saw this guy you would definitely understand. Kind of looked like a Howard Stern in accountant form but dorkier. I chuckled all the way home.

I did like the way the BMW sounded though, definitely a screamer. Just not my cup of tea.

You destroyed Howard Stern! J/K He is a sleaze ball and deserved it. LOL:D

There are a few floating around!

The TT V8 M5 won't be out until 2012 spring. The current M5's are 5 liter V-10's (about 300 cu. in.). The only TT V8's out now are the 550i (400hp), 750Li and 750i (400HP), X5 and X6 (400hp), and X5M and X6M (555 hp). The current M5 is rated 500 hp but only about 385 ftlbs, but the red line is about 8300 rpm.The new 2012 M5 coming out will have a TT V8 rated at 560Hp and 500 ftlbs. By the way, my son is a BMW salesman, so if you're in Calif. or close by and want a good deal send me a pm and I will give your info to my son.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back