No flashing lights on lock/unlock

RedpopSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an '04 RC and noticed that the headlights and tail lights don't flash when locking or unlocking with the key fob (horn sounds though). I don't believe I have the ability to change this from the overhead console. Anyone else dealt with this one or have a suggestion. Thanks.

I just picked up an '04 RC and noticed that the headlights and tail lights don't flash when locking or unlocking with the key fob (horn sounds though). I don't believe I have the ability to change this from the overhead console. Anyone else dealt with this one or have a suggestion. Thanks.

The dealer can change it or you can do it from the cycling of ignition and remote I believe. I'm sure someone here remembers fully. Welcome to the best forum for anything Viper Truck related and Congrats on your ownership.

Try this. It is on page 19 and 20 of the user manual as well. Welcome to the club from another newbie!

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this program- ming procedure).
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( Do not start the
engine ).
5. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
(i.e. functional) key fob.
6. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button.
7. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position or wait 60 seconds.
9. Test the park lamp flash feature by pressing the LOCK button on the key fob with the ignition in the OFF position or the key removed.
10. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.
11. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the above procedure.

Don't take it to a dealer do it yourself. It's in the owner's manual along with turning off the seat belt chime, auto-lock, unlock all, and a few other nifty little tricks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back