no more pegleg

mauiSRT/10 said:
Sounds like it would help. Wonder if Dan@DC or Roe have heard of these guys?

patrick

Dan at DC is the one researching this for me....the viper guys love them...........One of my favorite cars...the Noble comes with one....

Gleason-Torson worm and roller slip locking

This is a Gleason-Torson design carrier. Circle track use is quite common, on both dirt and asphalt.

Useless for drag racing---won't work.;)

Repeat this three times; Detroit Locker, Detroit Locker, Detroit Locker, then bolt on your slicks and go quickly grasshopper.

Last edited:
I have one in my car. it won't do much better than a good LSD though. they are more for holding traction in corners so you don't spin the inside tire. it's a torque biasing differential, which puts the power on the tire with the better traction instead of the tire with the least traction. For drag racing you want 50% of the power on each tire so that you go straight.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Dunno anything about these guys, I've never heard of them.

These guys are getting bigger in the SRT-8 world, and I beleive they do Mercedes stuff as well.

I will be putting a Detroit locker in mine in a month or so.

Bill.

Begood said:
I will be putting a Detroit locker in mine in a month or so.

Bill.

Are you sure??:confused: :dontknow: In fact I'm almost willing to bet you will not. Detroit Lockers do not work with C-Clip axles if I remember right.

Eaton Corporation/Detroit Locker makes makes at Detroit Locker Diferential carrier in 40 spline for the Dana Super 60/Dana 70.

Part #'s
4.10 gear ratio & down 225SL-193A
4.10 gear ratio & up 225SL-193B
This part # will accept the tone ring with no machining required.

This unit has a propriatary spline configuration.
The spline can be cut by Moser Engineering in their axles. Moser can make any axle configuration you want.

Moser also has a brake kit w/parking brake, part# 140-7144

The housing would need to be cut and new ends welded on and jig straightned.

This eliminates the C clip axles and gives you the brakes to install a 15" wheel.

Eaton also makes a 35 spline locker that is bolt in replacement for the stock carrier. This is much stronger than stock but does make a little noise during regular driving when cornering.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back