No NASCAR for Danica

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Danica Patrick signed with Andretti Green Racing on Tuesday, deciding to stay in the Indy Racing League instead of switching to NASCAR.

Patrick will start driving for her new team in 2007. Her current contract with Rahal Letterman expires at the end of the season. Though she toyed with joining NASCAR, Patrick said last week she was leaning toward saying in the IndyCar series.

"Danica has shown great talent during her first two seasons in the IndyCar Series," CEO Michael Andretti said. "Our focus has been and always will be on winning races and winning championships. We certainly believe Danica will do that. She has made it very clear that one of her goals as a driver is to win the Indianapolis 500 and we are looking forward to giving her a great opportunity to do that."

Patrick, who was selected 2005 IndyCar Series rookie of the year, is the third driver under contract to Andretti Green racing for 2007. She joins Tony Kannan and Marco Andretti on the team. Andretti Green has four full-time entries in the series.

Patrick's father, T.J., caused a stir earlier this month when he showed up at a Nextel Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway and told a Chicago Tribune reporter that Patrick was interested in switching to NASCAR.

But Patrick said she was just exploring every option and always was leaning toward staying in IndyCar.

Patrick has finished fourth in back-to-back races and is currently ninth in the IndyCar standings, but her Rahal team generally hasn't been competitive this season.

When asked last week about loyalty to team owner Bobby Rahal, who gave Patrick her first shot at big-time racing, Patrick said, "I would hope that over the course of the last year and a half, and even before that, I would hope that I have brought things to him, too. I would hope that I have helped him in some way."

That last statement of hers shows what kind of a person she is IMO. How the hell did she help Bobby Rahal, one of the best drivers to ever get behind the wheel of a car?

OCBob said:
When asked last week about loyalty to team owner Bobby Rahal, who gave Patrick her first shot at big-time racing, Patrick said, "I would hope that over the course of the last year and a half, and even before that, I would hope that I have brought things to him, too. I would hope that I have helped him in some way."

A little oral in the team motorcoach.:eek: :dontknow: :confused: :D

I'm sure Roktman will be thrilled to know that he won't have to see RatGirl at all the NASCAB races.;) :D

I hope he comes back and says, "I would hope in the last year and half, I have helped her in some way....". She may not have meant it the way it came out, but damn thats gonna piss some people off.

He got paid BIGTIME off the publicity she drew....im sure. Sponorships had to be up.....and the headjob..I'd keep her if she'd make a paris hilton tape with me if I was him :) (no nightvision tho)

NASCAR visit was a stunt to drive up her signing value.

Guess she won't be appearing on the Letterman Show anytime soon.

I just can't wait for the Top Ten list Letterman will put together on Danica's behalf.

10. The female supplies were killing the profit margin
9. Danica will now have spare time to compare notes with Anna Kornakova(sp)
8. Has anyone dared to tell Bobby yet
7. Michael buys Marco an early present
6. Booster seat can be removed
5. Oh good, something other than lettice for lunch
4. Booster seat given to Andretti\Green Racing (sniker, sniker)
3. Danica will fit right in on St Patricks Day, Short and Dressed in Green
2. Next Indy 500, Michael will have another reason why he didn't win
1. Hey Michael, did we mention we snuck Alex Zanardi in the seat for the race

:D

OCBob said:
Danica Patrick signed with Andretti Green Racing on Tuesday, deciding to stay in the Indy Racing League instead of switching to NASCAR.

Patrick will start driving for her new team in 2007. Her current contract with Rahal Letterman expires at the end of the season. Though she toyed with joining NASCAR, Patrick said last week she was leaning toward saying in the IndyCar series.

"Danica has shown great talent during her first two seasons in the IndyCar Series," CEO Michael Andretti said. "Our focus has been and always will be on winning races and winning championships. We certainly believe Danica will do that. She has made it very clear that one of her goals as a driver is to win the Indianapolis 500 and we are looking forward to giving her a great opportunity to do that."

Patrick, who was selected 2005 IndyCar Series rookie of the year, is the third driver under contract to Andretti Green racing for 2007. She joins Tony Kannan and Marco Andretti on the team. Andretti Green has four full-time entries in the series.

Patrick's father, T.J., caused a stir earlier this month when he showed up at a Nextel Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway and told a Chicago Tribune reporter that Patrick was interested in switching to NASCAR.

But Patrick said she was just exploring every option and always was leaning toward staying in IndyCar.

Patrick has finished fourth in back-to-back races and is currently ninth in the IndyCar standings, but her Rahal team generally hasn't been competitive this season.

Thank God...I can't stand her...:(:(

OCBob said:

she will be a has been much like Sarah Fisher is now.....I used to race against Sarah and watched Danica (when she was much younger) between rounds of my races and they are nothing special....I keep saying you gots to have man candies to do this stuff.

wheredwhogo? said:
she will be a has been much like Sarah Fisher is now.....I used to race against Sarah and watched Danica (when she was much younger) between rounds of my races and they are nothing special....I keep saying you gots to have man candies to do this stuff.

I have to agree. They are there for promotional value only. Lord help the IRL if she is killed or crippled in one of those Crap Wagons.

Silverback said:
I have to agree. They are there for promotional value only. Lord help the IRL if she is killed or crippled in one of those Crap Wagons.

and I agree with your statement also...all part of the "drive for diversity" its kinda like affirmative action for motorsports...really sad...they are taking up good seats for somebody that really has talent....

mopower1958 said:
I'm not taking up for her but doesn't she have the best average finish,most points, of Rahal/Letterman team?

She is with a good team, but think what a good driver would do there. Paul Dana was another so-so driver who many think was over his head. The only reason he got that ride was because he brought along 5 Million (I think that's the right number) in sponsership money. To bad he got it. He would still be alive today.

I am not sure if she can drive or not. But its all about selling tickets and tv time. Danica did that. Sports that are struggling with $ from a lack a tv time or empty seats all want to find the next "Tiger Woods" of their sport. They all want the super huge big star that'll fill the seats and sell the tv time. Whether you like her or not she brought a lot of attention to the leage. If she went over to Nascar she would get a lot of attention but unless she can win (any series) she will fade away.

I am willing to bet a dollar she will never win a major race.

Bill.

Begood said:
I am willing to bet a dollar she will never win a major race.

Bill.
I'll take that bet.

If you'll excuse the pun, I think she has the drive to win.

Switching to a different team is kind of a crappy move, but it shows that her/her father wants her to win something, and soon.

I read her book on the flight back from Austin (3 hr. flight and not a lot of big words...ripped right through it.). There's some good insight if you pick up everything that's said as well as what's between the lines.

Like most of us with testes, I'd hit it.
But I also think she's got a real chance of winning.

Kevan said:
I'll take that bet.

If you'll excuse the pun, I think she has the drive to win.

Switching to a different team is kind of a crappy move, but it shows that her/her father wants her to win something, and soon.

I read her book on the flight back from Austin (3 hr. flight and not a lot of big words...ripped right through it.). There's some good insight if you pick up everything that's said as well as what's between the lines.

Like most of us with testes, I'd hit it.
But I also think she's got a real chance of winning.

I'd take that bet as well. I do believe she is going to win one. Maybe more. She does have some talent, is with a good team, and has the drive and ambition to win.

Oh, and I'd hit it too... something about girls and fast cars...:rock: :burnout:

Stretch

I think her team SUCKS! Thats why she's leavin. She'll win soon. I duuno how long it usually takes a rookie driver to win in the IRL cuz I dont watch it much....BUT I dont think she has dogged it by any means. Just overhyped for her record is all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back