no oil pressure

loper43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i blew my motor up and bought a crate engine from a guy that works in the srt division at dodge that they did emmission tests on. i just got the motor installed and primed the oil system. now the motor doesnt have any oil pressure any tricks on how to prime the system or any ideas what it could be?
thanks for any help

air lock in the filter ,,bad oil pump ,,pick up tube fell off?

the motor looks brand new i pulled the manifolds off and it looks like exhaust hasnt even been through it. is it pretty difficult to prime these oil systems

should be no different than changin oil, i would think

where would ya prime it????? external oil supply????

i'm thinkin drill motor & shaft to oil pump primin

not sure how he primed it. he just said that with the primer on there, there is plenty of oil pressure and when the primer is off there isnt any. he is going to get a mechanical gauge and see if something is wrong with the gauge or something? he put the sending unit from the old motor onto this new motor and that same thing?

Oil pump not working?..:dontknow: ......my engine was torn down and new pistons/rods crank turned and PP heads...would be like a new engine...poured in oil & started...shouldnt be anything to prime...:confused:

Betting its the gauge...if you don't see oil on the floor...it is probably the gauge.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back