Noise in the mornings

Fidel(LGP)

Reaction score
Was wondering if any of yal have had the same problem as I'm having in my 05 QC srt10 every morning on cold starts there's a noise coming from the belt area kind like a chirping noise I've have already took it to the dealer twice 1st time they replace the iddler pulley and belt tensioner that wasn't the problem then they change the power steering pump but keep hearing the noise anybody can help?!?!?!

Was wondering if any of yal have had the same problem as I'm having in my 05 QC srt10 every morning on cold starts there's a noise coming from the belt area kind like a chirping noise I've have already took it to the dealer twice 1st time they replace the iddler pulley and belt tensioner that wasn't the problem then they change the power steering pump but keep hearing the noise anybody can help?!?!?!

Does the noise go away when warmed up? I had some of the nuts for the manifold shield loosening up on me. Caused a chirping until engine had warmed up.

I'd remove belt and spin each accessory to find your culprit. Could be alternator, tensioner pulley, AC pulley etc.

Diz morning I was looking at my pulleys while truck on and I saw dat the bottom right pulley would stop spinning for a little but then it will spin again I dnt kno if datz normal and I put the belt conditioner nd makes the noise louder

Diz morning I was looking at my pulleys while truck on and I saw dat the bottom right pulley would stop spinning for a little but then it will spin again I dnt kno if datz normal and I put the belt conditioner nd makes the noise louder

That's your AC clutch engaging and disengaging. You have AC on or defroster on?

Yes I had my heater on

If your heater is on in vent or floor mode you shouldn't have AC clutch engagement. Is yellow light on AC button on? If so you're cycling the AC compressor unnecessarily bro. If in defrost/windshield position it will engage AC compressor so turn that ish off man :)

has the belt been replaced???

usually if ya change the belt, idler & tensinor pulleys it will take care of it

I remember having this problem way back when on my '97 RAM 4X4 with a 318 cu/in. Would just happen during cold start. Every now and then the same occurs on #1900 today. To be fair, it happens after she's been off for like 4 to 6 weeks.... aaaand it's only for a short instant.

I get this sometimes to. Especially cold start after it rains. Try something. With a long screw driver carfully put it between the engine and belt in between the alt and idler pulley. Gently push belt slightly away from yhe motor and see if it makes it quiet. Also try same spot but pushing belt slightly towards the motor and see if it makes it louder. That is what mine does. I kinda think something is ever so slightly missaligned with the pulleys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Once everything warms up after about 15 min or so, all sounds good and no squeek.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes after everything is warm up like 10 15 min dnt hear it anymore unless I floor it I can hear it but less quiter

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back