Not liking the news

eaglebaseball25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys as you all now i recently purchased Mark's "GriffSRT" truck, and contacted Reliable Shipping to have the truck shipped to me since i live in Hobbs, NM. About 18 hours from Marks place. So i mad the order with the shipping company about 3 weeks ago to have the truck picked up and delivered to my house. It took about two weeks for them to pick the truck up so i have been waiting for them to deliver it to me. I get on to check my email today and i have an email from the operations manager for Reliable Shipping telling me that the truck is sitting in there facility in Detriot, Michigan needless to say thats 25 hours from my house, even farther from where it started :mad:, and he says that they are waiting for a truck thats going to west to deliver my truck to me. This all doesn't make any sense to me about why there going to drive the complete opposite direction of my place to just let the truck sit there and wait for a driver to now have to drive 25 hours but hopefully she'll get her sooner or later.

This is exactly the horror story I heard when I bought geodrillers. I flew one way and took two days to drive back. Best road trip of my life.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The brokers that book the jobs foe the driver underbid to get your business. Then no driver will take it for that amount of money. I would request a refund and have another company pick it up at that location.

I'd be pissed... and check that odometer when it shows up

I had a similiar incident happen when I bought my truck back in 07...Contracted a hauler to pick it up in Texas and bring to TN....after 3 weeks they still hadnt even picked it up....what was worse it was August and Texas was having a rash of tornados with hail...and my truck is sitting outside on dealer auction lot....:mad:

Fortunely I had not paid them so I told em to forget it and got on a plane to Texas and drove it home...

that doesnt make sense at all. why take it back north. Sounds like a screwup in dispatch. do you have any paperwork you signed when you made the deal to have them haul it. have you paid the yet?

my truck took 2 weeks to get here.

it came in a inclosed truck by it self. how much did shipping run you. mine was 900.00

yea im pretty mad right now seeing its been almost 3 weeks and the bank is threatening to cancel the loan because we haven't got the truck under my name and all that yet but thats because we don't have to truck yet so hopefully the bank will just bear with me. But no i haven't paid for it yet i chose to pay for it when the truck arrives here so money isn't the problem yet but yea i'm not understanding it either why they can't just find a driver to drive it to me and then be on with it i mean they already drove it north 8 hours from where they picked it up from, they couldve already been half way to me in those 8 hours but i guess we'll see if i hear anything else from them. My shipping quote was 1500 and they said they would deliver it via enclosed carrier. It was picked up on an enclosed carrier also

yea im pretty mad right now seeing its been almost 3 weeks and the bank is threatening to cancel the loan because we haven't got the truck under my name and all that yet but thats because we don't have to truck yet so hopefully the bank will just bear with me. But no i haven't paid for it yet i chose to pay for it when the truck arrives here so money isn't the problem yet but yea i'm not understanding it either why they can't just find a driver to drive it to me and then be on with it i mean they already drove it north 8 hours from where they picked it up from, they couldve already been half way to me in those 8 hours but i guess we'll see if i hear anything else from them. My shipping quote was 1500 and they said they would deliver it via enclosed carrier. It was picked up on an enclosed carrier also

Damn that sucks bro, I had no problems with mine at all. in fact in came in a week early, was 3 weeks with the quote.

guess the guys were flying with it. I would raise cane with the company and get your price knocked down a bit.

the way car haulers work is they get paid to haul cars, all of there pickups are usually high end cars, so they dont pick all of them up in one city, let alone one state, they have to get the trailor full before starting the unloading, thats how they get paid

so they may have to run 4-5 states before they start delivery, then it depends on the route of delivery, most carriers are like this, it dont make sense but thats how they run

the way car haulers work is they get paid to haul cars, all of there pickups are usually high end cars, so they dont pick all of them up in one city, let alone one state, they have to get the trailor full before starting the unloading, thats how they get paid

so they may have to run 4-5 states before they start delivery, then it depends on the route of delivery, most carriers are like this, it dont make sense but thats how they run

yep.... usually, it's cheaper this way...

as opposed to using an independent contractor who has, say, a 32' car hauler and makes personal runs of 1 or 2 cars at a time... but you usually pay more for those carriers...

yep.... usually, it's cheaper this way...

as opposed to using an independent contractor who has, say, a 32' car hauler and makes personal runs of 1 or 2 cars at a time... but you usually pay more for those carriers...

xactly , quicker more dinero, sometimes you get lucky and catch a carrier that is on route to your position and get it quick, then sometimes you get the 3-4 week deal, reliable is very very good and careful best is to be patient

Same story when I bought my 10 and hired Reliable. I hadn't even touched my baby before purchase. I even called their facility in Detroit just to have the guy tell me how she looked (just to be sure the dealership didn't screw me). Don't panic, you will get her soon.

Same story when I bought my 10 and hired Reliable. I hadn't even touched my baby before purchase. I even called their facility in Detroit just to have the guy tell me how she looked (just to be sure the dealership didn't screw me). Don't panic, you will get her soon.

Glad to hear i'm not the only one who has dealt with this lol. Yea I spoke with the opperations manager for Reliable today and he told me that they make shipments from Detroit to the West Coast daily so it should be here soon.

It helps if the final destination is a big city or more than one vehicle's destination.

Is there a city that's somewhat close by that you can offer up for them to deliver to, to maybe expedite your ride?

I used Passport Transport last time it was enclosed & it was about 2 weeks from phone call to delivery. I got extremely lucky.

Probably sold to someone in Austria and was shipped there ! Lol.

J/k the wait it hell!! But more than 3 weeks I would be getting nervous and getting in touch the shipping company ! If they are unco,operative with a ETA. A call from a lawyer may get it moving !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back