notice something that seems not right

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was inspection my truck today because I was bored. I noticed something that seems is not normal. I found a leaking hose that connect to the power steering pump. How do I fix it?

I removed the cai and found some oil in the throttle body. I removed it and there is brown color on the inside of intake manifold and some oil on the throttle body. Is that normal or not?? :dontknow:

I will post up the pictures soon.

Thanks.

Here is the pictures of the throttle body. It is a little blur because it was take from the laptop.

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 85
DRamSrt10 said:
Hey guys, I was inspection my truck today because I was bored. I noticed something that seems is not normal. I found a leaking hose that connect to the power steering pump. How do I fix it?

I removed the cai and found some oil in the throttle body. I removed it and there is brown color on the inside of intake manifold and some oil on the throttle body. Is that normal or not?? :dontknow:

I will post up the pictures soon.

Thanks.

I don't remember for sure but I think those hoses have o-rings on the ends;) You might take it out and check if it's bad.

The oil in the intake is normal for these engines.Mine looked the same way when I took the intake off for the SC'r install;)

The hose was leaking on the black rubber hose between the steel hose. The hose is from the power steering pump and going into the big stuff on the center of the fan. I did trying to remove the black clamp that hold the rubber hose but I couldn't take it off. I need to take more better pictures. I am waiting for my friend to come over with her camera.

DRamSrt10 said:
The hose was leaking on the black rubber hose between the steel hose. The hose is from the power steering pump and going into the big stuff on the center of the fan. I did trying to remove the black clamp that hold the rubber hose but I couldn't take it off. I need to take more better pictures. I am waiting for my friend to come over with her camera.
that hose is 90 bucks to replace and does not come with the necessary hardware to reinstall,u will need to buy the fittings seperate,they are the same fittings used in the jeep srt-8 ,the hose is a detroit item ,when u put the new one on put the fittings in first ,the metal part of the hose pops into the fitting

flchub said:
that hose is 90 bucks to replace and does not come with the necessary hardware to reinstall,u will need to buy the fittings seperate,they are the same fittings used in the jeep srt-8 ,the hose is a detroit item ,when u put the new one on put the fittings in first ,the metal part of the hose pops into the fitting

Thanks man.

kyle's srt10 said:
The oil in the intake is normal for these engines.Mine looked the same way when I took the intake off for the SC'r install;)

Your SC is sooo awesome!! :rock: So...it is normal to have the oil on the throttle body?

Yes its normal for oil to build-up inside the intake, just the nature of the beast. Installing a CAI, such as the one Justin makes, will prevent the oil for getting into the intake and instead, it will go into the catch can thats comes with the CAI. You might look into picking one up.

I had mine replaced by the dealer under warranty with my turbo installed.

FlyingLow said:
I had mine replaced by the dealer under warranty with my turbo installed.

I am just curious, it is under warranty because you didn't replace it in an aftermarket or damage it (if it is your fault). That would void the warranty. Right?

DRamSrt10 said:
I am just curious, it is under warranty because you didn't replace it in an aftermarket or damage it (if it is your fault). That would void the warranty. Right?

It was under warranty because I was still in the 3 year / 36000 mile range. Some dealers will try to void most of the warranty if you add any mods. I doubt my turbo had anything to do with the hose leaking. The dealer didn't care about my mods. I even got a new oil cooler out of it. Now if the dealer came back and said that my turbo increased oil pressure and in turn blew the O-ring out of the hose. I would either have to pay for the work or try to argue that the turbo did not cause that to happen. For the low cost and my time I would just pay for the hoses if that had happen. Actually I thought I was going to have to pay anyway. I was surprised to get the bill and see 0.00 due.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back