O2 sensor question

shikityshack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My O2 sensors are "tuned off"

If I disconnect one of the sensors from the wiring harness plug, so I can remove the sensor from the bung and truck completely
(front driver specificly) will a code show?

Or once "tuned off" they are just a sensor and a wire and it doesn't matter what you do??

My O2 sensors are "tuned off"

If I disconnect one of the sensors from the wiring harness plug, so I can remove the sensor from the bung and truck completely
(front driver specificly) will a code show?

Or once "tuned off" they are just a sensor and a wire and it doesn't matter what you do??

Your REAR O2s are tuned out if you have that tune, but sensors still need to remain plugged into harness but need not be in exhaust steam sir.
Removing will throw a code:evil:

Your REAR O2s are tuned out if you have that tune, but sensors still need to remain plugged into harness but need not be in exhaust steam sir.
Removing will throw a code:evil:

Yeah, ok.. I wasn't positive, that's why I wanted to check.. I'm installing my wide band gauge and wanted to be lazy with the exhaust sensor.. lol!!!
I don't want the O2 sensor just hanging so, time to pull out the mig!!

Thanks Scott..

Yeah, ok.. I wasn't positive, that's why I wanted to check.. I'm installing my wide band gauge and wanted to be lazy with the exhaust sensor.. lol!!!
I don't want the O2 sensor just hanging so, time to pull out the mig!!

Thanks Scott..

Again make sure your removing rears from the steam and not fronts bud. ;)

Again make sure your removing rears from the steam and not fronts bud. ;)

I'm leaving them all in place.. I don't want to just hang one from the chassis..

I'm going to weld in the bung that came with the gauge into the exhaust close to the driver side front 02.. No big deal, thats what I planned to do originaly and then got to wondering.

I was just looking for a lazy way if I could.. Just wasn't sure if the tune turned off all of them to the point I could completely remove the front driver 02 from the harness and all..

But I'm set now..

Thanks again!

I'm pretty sure the rear O2 sensors should be removed from the stream. get some antifoulers and drill them out. use them in the bung first. install the o2 sensors into the antifoulers. I have been using antifoulers and havn't tossed any codes . some have had some success with just strapping the sensors to the frame.

I'm pretty sure the rear O2 sensors should be removed from the stream. get some antifoulers and drill them out. use them in the bung first. install the o2 sensors into the antifoulers. I have been using antifoulers and havn't tossed any codes . some have had some success with just strapping the sensors to the frame.

Remove them for what? I'm catless and have them "tuned out" with my sct tuner.. Been catless for some time now and never had an issue..

All I'm doing is installing a wide band gauge. I wanted to cheat by using an O2 bung hole for the wide band sensor.. I am instead just going to weld. In a new bung for the sensor..

Am I missing something?

Remove them for what? I'm catless and have them "tuned out" with my sct tuner.. Been catless for some time now and never had an issue..

All I'm doing is installing a wide band gauge. I wanted to cheat by using an O2 bung hole for the wide band sensor.. I am instead just going to weld. In a new bung for the sensor..

Am I missing something?

You're fine since they're turned off via the SCT. Leave them be.

Removing from exhaust steam is if you don't have a tune. With a tune they just have to be plugged in and good O2's on the rear. Needed not be in stream, but can be left as well. Fronts cannot be altered as they read a/f in narrowband to the PCM for fueling corrections and maintaining 14.7:1 a/f:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back