OBD Port Problem

severedsnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OBD port came apart while unplugging my Tuner...has anyone else had this problem..and could someone with an 04 R/C take a pic of their port and post it so I can put mine back together...so I can verify pin placement....thanks...by the way I will do a newbie post soon with pics just havnt had time

How many pins came out? Also, please disconnect the battery while you sort this out.

All of my pins were exposed...the port comes apart in two pieces the rear portion doesnt seperate the pins so.. I put the front part back on to keep the pins from touching...but I'm sure my pins are not in the correct slots..So I can't plug my tuner back up untill I make sure my pins are in the correct slots.

Anyone got a wiring diagram of the OBDII port?

He needs the colors of what goes where. Maybe write it down :dontknow: Sounds like all his pins came out of the connector.
I would go check but it is raining and my trucks outside. Not sure if it will differ between 04 and 06 or not.

A pic of the front of the port and of where the wires go into the back should do it...thanks for the help guys

A pic of the front of the port and of where the wires go into the back should do it...thanks for the help guys

Sorry bud my cameras not good enough on my phone to see clear... i'd write em down but just heading out. If no one chimes in I can tomorrow morning. sorry!

Best I can do with it raining. Remember my truck is an 06, not sure if it is different. Also again, PLEASE DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

First pic from the front.
Pin 1 is the top left.

2nd pic
Pin 1 is bottom left. So that white w/ purple stripe is in #2

3rd pic is the bottom pins on the 1st pic

So here is what I have

Pins = first pic from front

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

1 EMPTY
2 WHIITE/PURPLE
3 EMPTY
4 BLACK/GREEN
5 BLACK/WHITE
6 WHITE/LIGHT BLUE
7 WHITE/BROWN
8 EMPTY

9 EMPTY
10 EMPTY
11 EMPTY
12 WHITE/GREEN
13 EMPTY
14 WHITE/BROWN (AGAIN??)
15 EMPTY
16 GRAY/RED

Attachments

• DSC01485.jpg
    DSC01485.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 2,977
  • DSC01486.jpg
    DSC01486.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 797
  • DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:
Thanks guys...hopefully the 06 is the same as mine.. I disconnected my battery as soon as it came apart...

Stick around.
Also, post up pics of your truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back