obd2 port not working

Have you tried a regular scanner? Check all the accessory fuses?

Last edited:
Just had a problem with mine not linking up with the Dodge Star Scan tool. Another shop had a Snap On system & it logged right on.

Make sure all the pins are seated into the OBD2 connector. Look at the back of the connector and check to see if one (or more) didn't slide out. Seen that before.

When did the fuses blow? when the SCT was plugged in?

No power outlet blew when I was using it to put air in my tires this morning. Then the radio went off when I was driving around then tonight when I went to plug the sct in the sct wouldn't come on. Could it be the sct?

Checks all the fuses again accept for the black plastic ones you can't see into. None were blown. Checked all the pins on the act and they looked good. Tm I'll go to pep boys and see if there scanner tool works

I stuck a multi meter on the obd2 individual port and only ports 1 and 16 had power.port 1 had 1.13 and port 16 had 0.15. All the other ports had no power

Check the ones under black plastic covers. Next to airbag fuses. 51+52 maybe I believe. Is anything else not working? Windows, locks, etc?

The reason the Snap On scanner works is it has a internal battery. The SCT and most cheaper scanner rely on the power from the OBDII port. Check every fuse again, somewhere there is a blown fuse.

I stuck a multi meter on the obd2 individual port and only ports 1 and 16 had power.port 1 had 1.13 and port 16 had 0.15. All the other ports had no power

that looks like data link voltages.

looks like ya lost your 12v power

pin 16 should be 12v
Does your radio hold presets and underhood light work?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back