Oct 10th CT GTG @ Lenny's in Branford-Please Read

lbstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, the gtg is at Lenny's located in Branford, CT on Oct 10th starting at noon and going as late as everyone wants to stay. This gtg has a purpose, its to help support the victim of domestic violence but first, heres a little info on me; my name is Derek Poundstone, I'm a professional strongman and competed on ESPN's Worlds Strongest Man in 2008, 2009 and 2010. My higest placing in WSM was 2nd place in 2008. Im also the two time Arnold Schwarzenegger Strongman Classic winner, Three time Americas Strongest Man and most importantly, I'm a former Ram SRT10 owner, Demon 8 owns my former love. Check out my website, poundstonepower.com for more info on me.

There's a reason I am trying to organize a gtg this Sunday besides just to meet some old friend (hopefully) and show off either my Viper (weather permitting) or my modded 2010 GCSRT8. In the beginning of September my fiance and I got a call letting her know one of our good friends was in the hospital with a broken orbital and fractured cheek and jaw. Im also a cop and immidiately suspected domestic violence. My fiance, Kristin, and I met with her that day as she told us she fell in the shower. After spending most of the morning with her, she admitted to Kristin and I that she was punched in the face by her boyfriend after and arguement. I got the Police involved and the scumbag was later arrested for felony assault charges. She has subsiquently had to have reconstructive surgery and has been out of work for over a month now. Our friend is a waitress at a local hotspot in Branford named Lenny's. The management at Lenny's is hosting a fundraiser this Sunday (Oct 10th) with all the proceeds of their wing sales going to this dear friend. I don't mention our friend name out of respect for her, this has been a very difficult time as you can imagine. If you have nothing going on, come join us for some wings and beer. If the weather is good, I'll be bringing my Viper down instead of the Jeep. Please post up if you can make it and I look forwaed to a decent turnout. See ya there!!!!!

Directions and info on Lenny's can be found at lennysnow.com

Sorry to hear about your friend hope they throw the book at the guy ---Give her our best ---CT is a little to far from Florida to make it.....

I will try to make this event. As a police officer myself i see some really nasty D.V. cases...

Maybe i'll bring some of the LEO haters here, i'm sure they would love to tell you how much we all suck to your face lol.:p

I'll post up here when i confirm i'm coming.

If I was in the area, I would be there.

Hope you have a great turnout, sounds like she needs a helping hand! Hope she fairs well.

Thanks Jim, I'll be sure to show her this thread on Sunday. I know its been tough for her but comments like yours and the support she has received so far has been great!!

Fast, gotta love the LEO haters. One benefit of being a HUGE pro athlete and a cop, no one questions your authority, in person!!! :rock: Dude, if you can make the drive, that will be awesome. We have some Vipers, Jeeps, a Caddy XLR and a few other that are tenative right now, I just put this out there today and I've got a great responce so far!! Keep me posted!!!!

Ntwork, great to hear from you stranger!! Man its been so long!! Someone better bring a Ram SRT up here, I haven't seen one in ages. I know Demon 8 moved back to Florida or I'd blackmail him to bring my first SRT to CT so I can show her some love!! Spread the word if you could, it's gonna be a all areound good time.

Here's the actual schedule of what we're doing;
9:30 AM leaving from Waterbury heading north up Route 8 to Torrington

10:00 AM Arriving at Oliver Wolcott Tech, 75 Oliver Street, Torrington, CT, for a car show.

Noon Leaving Torrington and heading down to Lenny’s via Route 8 to Route 34 to I-95N to Lenny’s

Meeting at Lenny’s at 1:00 PM

Note* The time we’re leaving Torrington for Branford might change slightly based upon everyone’s schedule.

Just a side note, this will be the most miles I've ever put on my Viper in one day, I'm just over 4,000 still. I need some free time!!

Last edited:
So are you doing a cruise from waterbury to torrington? What type of car show is in torrington. If im around on sun i might be in..... soposed to be SUNNY 68

hcetzneb said:
So are you doing a cruise from waterbury to torrington? What type of car show is in torrington. If im around on sun i might be in..... soposed to be SUNNY 68
Leaving Waterbury for Torrington @ 9:30 AM for a car show at Oliver Wolcott Tech, then heading to Branford at Noon to eat at Lenny's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back