Octane boost question

I would prefer it be bio diesel for an extra second or two off your et.

Please to do not try this it makes our trucks uncontrollable with all the new found power :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

survey says

I was sent a 91/92/94 octane tune in the SCT tuner. So what Im getting from this thread is if you cant match the octane from the straight gas don't use the higher tune?
That sucks!

Put in some octane boost and treat the tank as per the directions, if it says it bumps octane by 2 points , they try your tune 2 points higher.. take her for a rip , listen for some pinging if there is no ping your good to go..

Put in some octane boost and treat the tank as per the directions, if it says it bumps octane by 2 points , they try your tune 2 points higher.. take her for a rip , listen for some pinging if there is no ping your good to go..
No, Sir. "2 points" does not equal two octane levels.

Go here for a little more info: Fuel Rating - Octane Comparison - Dyno Tests Graphs - Hot Rod Magazine

I am still searching for the article the best explains how the "points" system works and why octane booster does almost nothing.

**edit**
This was an interesting read: http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/08/08/octane-boosters-which-is-best/
They tested tons of octane boosters, including toluene. The results are contrary to all my comments in this thread regarding the effectiveness of octane boosters, lol. But, it is a good read.

Last edited:
Contrary to what most people think, I have no problem using a 93 tune on our Charger with 91 gas and the Lucas booster. Some of you guys spend too much time reading, lol. :D

Caveman is correct on the points deal, I believe the back of Lucas bottle explains how that works.

Contrary to what most people think, I have no problem using a 93 tune on our Charger with 91 gas and the Lucas booster. Some of you guys spend too much time reading, lol. :D
Listen here, Arizonaian, this is the interwebz. What works in the real world, on a real SRT, doesn't even matter. What matters is what people have read that was posted on a forum. The interwebz does not lie!! :D

Man I long for those late 1960's days when leaded octane was up to 102..and a tank of gas was five bucks...plus some attendent would actually wash your windows, check your oil, your tires and belts...plus give you a small free partying gift like some glasses or one of those cool orange styrofoam balls for your antenna.

Please no jokes about styrofoam balls..remember there are kids in here.;)

$(KGrHqNHJBUE63VVILHMBO4lKmcsVg~~60_3.JPG

Listen here, Arizonaian, this is the interwebz. What works in the real world, on a real SRT, doesn't even matter. What matters is what people have read that was posted on a forum. The interwebz does not lie!! :D

You're like that chick on that State Farm commercial dating the ugly French guy she met online. Because everything posted on the internet is true,lol. :D

Man I long for those late 1960's days when leaded octane was up to 102..and a tank of gas was five bucks...plus some attendent would actually wash your windows, check your oil, your tires and belts...plus give you a small free partying gift like some glasses or one of those cool orange styrofoam balls for your antenna.

Please no jokes about styrofoam balls..remember there are kids in here.;)

$(KGrHqNHJBUE63VVILHMBO4lKmcsVg~~60_3.JPG

Dude, how old are you? :D

It worked for one guy on the Internets, it must be true!!

Back