Octane Boost

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be having to run octane boost in my truck once my pcm gets here from xmetal. Does anyone have a favorite brand that is a national brand i can grab at my local auto store? I wish i had 93 octane in my area but its only 91

Blakewilder said:
Just have Gary tame down the flash a little......DONT run octane booster unless u HAVE to.
Agreed. Either blend racing fuel, or stay with a stock flash.
Good article about octane boosters:
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_octane_boosters_tested/
Excerpt:
"The drawback to any of these additive ingredients is the diminishing effect they have on higher-octane fuels. Adding the same booster to 87-octane pump gas will yield a lot more octane gain than adding a bottle to 91-octane premium gas. Excessive concentrations of these additives also damage emissions-control hardware, such as spark plugs, injectors, oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. This is why most off-the-shelf boosters have an emissions-legal street formulation and an off-road formulation that exceeds the government-regulated concentration of MMT or ferosene. "
0503ec_techboost_chart2.jpg

I want to keep my flash the way gary has it, thanks for the help though

Hey thanks for pointing me towards the torco fuel. That stuff is widely recognized as the best it looks like. Appreciate it k80

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back