Odd occurrence with oil cooler lines.

Far2Quik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about home, returning from Paso. And I notice my oil psi is 15-20psi higher than normal for that speed. So I head to a buddies, he's close by. Looks like the front steel braided cooler line is leaking. Fitting is still tight on the block but spun when I tapped it. Odd as hell, been fine for about 2 years and then just decided fuck it, I'm gonna leak now. I'll figure it out tomorrow when there's daylight and I can get a better eye on it. In the meantime, I borrowed his Ford fiesta haha. Adorable little go kart, at least if it breaks down I can wind it back up. Anyone else have this happen? Oil psi spike then a leaking line? Dang thing even idled at 50psi, normally it's around 35.

Is it the fitting or the line? If you have trouble getting new lines or the fittings let me know my truck is down I can hook you up with mine if need be

Looks like the fitting. And no worries if I need a new one. They have a lifetime warranty on them. Just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. Seems odd to have a rise in psi then find it leaking, weren't any bubbles in the oil either.

At that speed in 6th it's normally around 50-55psi. It jumped to 70. Which isn't terribly high but a big enough jump to tell me something wasn't right. All is well though. No damage done, nothing a little degreaser and a new line won't fix right up. Just found it odd and figured I'd ask if it's happened to anyone else.

I would think a leaking oil line would make your pressure go down, not up, and only go down if it was a major leak..??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back