# of people with loose crak bolt problem

have you had a crank bolt problem????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anybody know the socket size for this bolt? I've checked mine before (by hand) but would like to slip a socket over the bolt, for a more positive check. Thanks.

Prof said:
Don't drive it until you check it. Mine is pinned now. But I still have the habit of checking it every time I change the oil filter (every 3K). Then I continue with the filter removal and promptly drop the filter in the oil catch tray and splash old oil all over my face.
How hard was the pin kit to install. Did you do it yourself or take it some where??

Mine was pinned when Roe Racing installed the SC.

So Call Roe, get a TSTM and you will get a pin in the process!

Sounds like a good plan to me!!!

the pin kit is EASY.... and cheap... Mine was loose like finger loose... Thank god I checked it.

you guys had me worried so I climbed up under the truck (in the rain b/c if not I'll forget about it) and everything seemed fine....although I did notice some kind of oil on the driver side frame in front of the body mount...any ideas?
also that oil filter is damn close to the pulley!

joemags54 said:
Does anybody know the socket size for this bolt? I've checked mine before (by hand) but would like to slip a socket over the bolt, for a more positive check. Thanks.

I believe it is a 21mm. I check mine every time it do maintenance on it. So far it has never been loose. Torque to 130 ft/lbs

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
I believe it is a 21mm. I check mine every time it do maintenance on it. So far it has never been loose. Torque to 130 ft/lbs

-Muzzy
Thanks for the info!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Back