Offer on truck

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little funny thing that happened today. Truck is at dealer getting pump put in. Anyway, got a call on my cell, I'm thinking, good its done. Nah, its a salesman. We appraised your truck (apparently just for fun) while it was getting serviced and we are looking for trucks like yours in the area for our inventory, blah blah blah.

Sales: We'll give you 18K for it.
Me: No...
Sales: Ok, my manager said well give you 20K
Me: No, not looking to sell it right now...
Sales: It's really nice and we would like to have it.
Me: Me too, that's why I am not selling it. Tell me how many other SRT10's just like it are in the area?
Sales: Ok, you have point, have a nice day.
:D

Tell em to throw in a Gen V and they've got a deal

Mine would've been gone....glad you're still that happy with yours:rock:

I have thought of getting rid of it, believe me. But driving around just a HEMI truck is not the same. The new ones are really nice but not an SRT. It's 7+ yrs old and still gets attention. When I dropped it off the parts manager actually came out to look at it because he heard it pull in. Kinda cool actually because they are remodeling their service writer area so the inside bay goes right into a wide open space with tile floor. I am sure it resonated right through the place.

Lol which dealership?

Reedman. I am sure he would have gone higher, just not ready to part with it so I didn't play games with the guy.

You headed to Reedman to get an appraisal? :burnout:

Last edited:
I have thought of getting rid of it, believe me. But driving around just a HEMI truck is not the same. The new ones are really nice but not an SRT. It's 7+ yrs old and still gets attention. When I dropped it off the parts manager actually came out to look at it because he heard it pull in. Kinda cool actually because they are remodeling their service writer area so the inside bay goes right into a wide open space with tile floor. I am sure it resonated right through the place.

Reedman. I am sure he would have gone higher, just not ready to part with it so I didn't play games with the guy.

Not me. I'm going to be buried in this truck!

Whats funny is for them to push u i just dont understand if some1 doesnt wanna give.up there ride why keep asking.... i would got mad! Lol NO MEANS NO

20K , u tell them to go f..k thereselves...LOL

I am now! Not really, do you know the techs they have work on the truck? I have been trying to get in touch with one of the old Viper techs I used to work with and last I heard he was working there.

Last time I took my truck in my local Dodge dealer it drew a crowd..before long a salesman came out..looked it over and said we just got in some new Challengers SRT's..I'll make you a good deal on a trade-in. I said no thanks it's a keeper..nice to know your still wanted.

A local 5star Dodge dealership offered my buddy $16,000 on a trade for his 04 with 6,400 miles on it. They're an SRT dealer too, go figure. Toyota dealer gave him $22,500.

Just an FYI, "We are looking for a truck like yours" is an actual sales script. I used to make those calls. They are not being dishonest because they really are looking for a truck like yours... or any other clean trade with no negative equity and a qualified owner. But, they were not talking about an outright sale, they would have tried to trade you out of it. I used to peruse the for sale section of the newspaper looking for stuff that my customers wanted, just so I could make those calls. You would be shocked at how well that worked.

Just an FYI, "We are looking for a truck like yours" is an actual sales script...

Oh, I know it's a script, that's why I added the blah, blah, blah, after it. My old man was racer and a mechanic when he was young, I have been around cars my whole life becuase of him and have friends in the business. The sales guy was just trying to his job to make money. Hmm, well give him 18K and sell it for 25-27K :D

I have seriously contemplated at times getting rid of it when it pissed me off, but I just can't, not just yet... These things are just to bad ass and they still turn heads.

I am now! Not really, do you know the techs they have work on the truck? I have been trying to get in touch with one of the old Viper techs I used to work with and last I heard he was working there.

The tech that worked on it is John Kerwin (not sure how to spell his last name). He is a Viper tech and a squared away, laid back guy, who knows his stuff but doesn't come off that way at all. My impression of him is that you could be an idiot who thought he knew everything about cars and he would never correct you, just try to pick out something that made sense, fix your car and send you on your way. I think they have another Viper tech as well, not positive on that, nor do I know his name.

He diagnosed the issues spot on, and hopefully this front pump is good to go now.

Short version, I think he is a good tech and he knows what he is doing.

The tech that worked on it is John Kerwin (not sure how to spell his last name). He is a Viper tech and a squared away, laid back guy, who knows his stuff but doesn't come off that way at all. My impression of him is that you could be an idiot who thought he knew everything about cars and he would never correct you, just try to pick out something that made sense, fix your car and send you on your way. I think they have another Viper tech as well, not positive on that, nor do I know his name.

He diagnosed the issues spot on, and hopefully this front pump is good to go now.

Short version, I think he is a good tech and he knows what he is doing.

That's one of them! Next time you take your truck him, tell him Andy was asking about him, I think Joe is the other tech there, that's who I have really been looking at getting a hold of. He is a great guy, for sure, really laid back and a fantastic tech so you have a great guy working on your truck. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back