Official Houston, Texas GTG August 20th

Here we go....

001-Copy.jpg

Whats the deal, did Wade even take pics or vids?

Good lord.......

I just plugged in the timeslip @ dragtimes.com the DA was 2610 that evening, so scottys hope to get a sealevel DA was shot. My 12.79@ 113 translates into a 12.39 @116......not bad for a tune and cai car

Here we go....

001-Copy.jpg

Whats the deal, did Wade even take pics or vids?

He did and I still have his camera bag with cable but no camera. I've brought it every day this week and he hasn't met me to get it yet?

Looks like I got ran over in that picture:D:rock:

Well finally got mine back to the track and there is something defiantly wrong with my new TC best 60' i could get on a 25" DR 1.85 . Stock stall and street tire in a higher DA was 1.89 and i ran faster.

You coming out tonight to the WHM night meet? This is going to be like TX2K.....

Just wanted to make sure i updated this after my piss poor showing when you guys came down.
NA 1191 DA 12.201 @ 113.37 with stock stall. .2 faster than my previous at this track .12 faster than my previous at the track we were at.

60' 1.8
1/8TH 7.8
MPH 90.96

When you guys coming back down:D

Just wanted to make sure i updated this after my piss poor showing when you guys came down.
NA 1191 DA 12.201 @ 113.37 with stock stall. .2 faster than my previous at this track .12 faster than my previous at the track we were at.

60' 1.8
1/8TH 7.8
MPH 90.96

update your sig.

60' 1.8
1/8TH 7.8
MPH 90.96

You ran that on stock stall? The other 2 netted slower times? WTF? You do need a stall converter, but apparently the ones you had aren't built right, or the tuner can't tune around them. You do have to tune around a stalled converter for sure.;) Shift points and shift firmness will all be thrown out the window after a stall converter.
Ex. Shift point commanded at 6600 RPM, PCM tells tranny to shift, yet converter slip allows additional 3-400 rpm before shifting taking you beyond your sweet spot to shift and confusing the tranny and PCM. Don't get me wrong, I tune GM and Fords and have no experience with DCM, but they all use the same parameters, sensors, inputs, etc.

You ran that on stock stall? The other 2 netted slower times? WTF? You do need a stall converter, but apparently the ones you had aren't built right, or the tuner can't tune around them. You do have to tune around a stalled converter for sure.;) Shift points and shift firmness will all be thrown out the window after a stall converter.
Ex. Shift point commanded at 6600 RPM, PCM tells tranny to shift, yet converter slip allows additional 3-400 rpm before shifting taking you beyond your sweet spot to shift and confusing the tranny and PCM. Don't get me wrong, I tune GM and Fords and have no experience with DCM, but they all use the same parameters, sensors, inputs, etc.

He had a circle D from here in Houston. I heard sketchy things about some of their converters and went with Yank. I know my stall made a hell of a difference.

Yes that was ran on the stock stall, There really is no trans control for the lx car. My 60' with stall was no better than stock and i was loosing top end. He wanted to build me another stall at no cost and said if i keep testing for him he would give me the original 600 back . I said it just wasn't worth the time and risk so he refunded the original cost.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back