Official Inevitable Wear and Tear List Thread

Have mine for 2+ yrs, 41,XXX miles:

Replaced tires at 36K.
Front breaks (changed to ceramic pads)
Steering Pump Failure X 2 (once replaced steering pump, once replaced whole steering column)
CD Crapped out at the same time the steering pump did

Currently having some belt sqeal when cold, other than that she has been a dream!

Bought mine June 04 new with like 9 miles on her. Now she has 11,500.

Cd player replaced via warranty
rear main seal via warranty-still leaks
oil cooler fitting via warranty-could be leaking
clutch replaced, my fault, my cash.

Brakes do squeel but not too bad...........never had a big problem with the dust so I have not changed them out yet.

Truck has been a blast, love to drive it, just like when I first got her.

patrick

With 38,000 on the truck right now the only problems I have had are:

Oil cooler lines - replaced at 32K (starting to leak again)
RB4 Nav radio resets itself - replaced at 35K, 36K, and possibly again at 38K

These have been covered by the warranty. Othewise it is a clean ride and a pleasure to drive.

How will I ever forget the loose harmonic balancer that ate a serpentine belt.....:eek:

...other than that no issues until I sold her.

2005 RC w/ 52,000 miles

During Warranty period:
* AC - warm air on passenger side
* Door moulding tear
* Oil cooler lines leaking (both)
* AC - warm air on passenger side x2
* Oil cooler lines leading (one only)
* brake and clutch pedals replaced
* Rear end bearing fails - entire rear end replaced
* Steering pump failure - Dodge also replaced complete steering rack (metal dumped throughout the system when the pump failed)

After Warranty or non Warranty:
*Just installed fourth set of tires
* New brake pads installed at 25K due to too much dust w/ stock pads (front pads were due regardless)
* Both front and rear rotors are currently at wear limits. (will be replacing soon)
* Oil cooler lines leaking - replaced with AN braided lines and a "real oil cooler"
* Power steering high pressure line leaking - replaced with AN braided line
* Brake pedal has lost a couple rubber nubs...again

Inferno Red 3000 miles Driver's side seat belt won't recoil and battery is toast
Mineral grey 5000 miles clutch is starting to chatter in 1st
No warrenty in Canada on imported Chrysler vehicles

got mine in january of 04'. 8,100 miles on it now.TPS went out,covered under warranty.

changed out front pads (too much dust)

other than that no problems..extremely happy!:elefant:

Dang, some of you guys hardly drive yours. I see 13k miles.. just over 4k for Wifey.. I got mine with 8 miles on her and now she's at 38800... And that's still not driving her every day. Sometimes she sits up for a whole week or two..:)

Venom Power said:
Dang, some of you guys hardly drive yours. I see 13k miles.. just over 4k for Wifey.. I got mine with 8 miles on her and now she's at 38800... And that's still not driving her every day. Sometimes she sits up for a whole week or two..:)

I did have one for 2 years with only 6 miles on it when I sold it. That was pretty bad.

Bruce

hemi killer said:
I did have one for 2 years with only 6 miles on it when I sold it. That was pretty bad.

Bruce
:dontknow: That HAD to be an incredible 6 miles.. LOL...

Had mine for almost 2 years..had 4500 on it when I got it, and put about 19k on it before I sold it..Took it on a 2000mile trek to Boomers and back..No issues other than tires..Well that and the Dr Pepper I opened while driving exploded and got on the seat..Had a small mark that I couldnt get out..

Damn I miss that truck..

I bought my 2005 new 11/22/06 with 64 miles on it. 14 months later I have 23,818 miles on it. At 7,032 miles my dealership replaced the front goor gaskets with a new design that isn't damaged by the upper leading edge of the door. I replaced the Pirellis with Pirellis at 18,356 miles. I've modded per my signature and have more planned. I race it any time I can get a taker. It's serviced and cleaned fanatically. I've had no and expect no problems.

oldguy

I got mine in December of 04 It had 6 miles on it. It now has 26k as far as any trouble, door gaskets, dimples on brake and gas pedals, the power steering pump overheated, the radio messed up causing the big bass not to bump. Man it has been a blast all of these little issues were warranty and caused little or no grief.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back