Official Oil Thread

dam:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hey, getting ready for my first oil change too... awesome info above, but is there anything specific to the 8.3L that we have to do in regards for an oil change? My good friend that works at Subaru suggested I ask here just to be sure, as he said guys with sti's tend to forget to replace an o-ring (something specific to sti's) during an oil change that can cause serious issues. Lemme know, thanks guys!

I just buy 9 quarts of the mobile 10/30 syn with a mobile oil filter.

Hey, getting ready for my first oil change too... awesome info above, but is there anything specific to the 8.3L that we have to do in regards for an oil change? My good friend that works at Subaru suggested I ask here just to be sure, as he said guys with sti's tend to forget to replace an o-ring (something specific to sti's) during an oil change that can cause serious issues. Lemme know, thanks guys!

naw. drain plug gasket good for many changes or when it starts to leak. which ever comes first.

the way i do mine is drive her up on ramps, drain oil, in a bucket of course.

while the pan is drainin, pull the old filter off & that will drain the cooler also. let drain for bout 15+ mins. new filter, tighten drain plug.

9 qts Shell Rotell T6 5w-40. crank her up, let idle. make sure has oil pressure. check for leaks & double check level & cruise till the wheels fall off

:rock::rock::rock::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back