Oh My god....14.6mpg

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my trip back from vacation I hit 14.6mpg on the highway... the sweet spot was - 2350rpm, and 71 mph... any slower got less mileage, any faster got less mileage...

mauiSRT/10 said:
You were just driving like a sissy!!! Gun that bastard!!! JK LOL
patrick

I did several times... got a warning from Highway Patrol in Kansas:eek: ..... I think that fastest I did was in Missouri someplace on a back 2 lane highway.. that was freshly paved with asphalt... which was about 130, had to back down because of a semi being in front of me..:(

mauiSRT/10 said:
I have never gone past 105, which was at the track! That must have been quite the rush!! How did she feel? Floatly or firm?

patrick

It drove like a go cart! Nice and firm. I was also able to test the suspension on the I-17 between Flagstaff and Phoenix, where there are several 6% downgrades, tight turns, etc.. I was able to do those at 85 with ease, no body roll, felt like a nicely setup sports car.

It was really fun to go that fast.. :rock:

man thoes automatics get shitty milage.. on the hy i can get 17mpg going 70... and 21 doing 60 in 6th .. but its at about 900 rpm lol... prolly hard on the bearings ...

Man, that good milage. Best yet for me is 8.6 MPG. I never use OD here, no freeways.

How many gallons (or liters) is the capacity of the fuel tank for the RAM SRT-10?

Just got back from Buffalo/Niagara NY. Running 75 to 80 up and down over the hills and averaged 16.5 mpg. A little lower than I wanted. I was hoping for 18 but I'll take it cause it's not 10 or 8. I would guess that 18 would be obtainable on straight flat highway. Tank capacity is 26 gallons.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
man thoes automatics get shitty milage.. on the hy i can get 17mpg going 70... and 21 doing 60 in 6th .. but its at about 900 rpm lol... prolly hard on the bearings ...

:dito: Best I had @ 70 was 17.3...running OEM rims/rubber.... down to 16.7 with the 18X10's and Nitto's

i hit 130 last week in mine.... felt fine. thinking about taking it higher next time.

QC's get shitty gas mileage b/c we're turning much higher RPM on the interstate than the 6 speeds. A gear vendors overdrive would be sweet.

Justanotherdodge said:
believe it or not...I've hit 20mpg on the high way one day driving at 65 with a tail wind:D
I recently learned that you can hit the gas mileage reset button on the overhead console while driving to get an instant readout under different throttle situations. My highest was 26 with no throttle going down a hill :p and the worst was .9 under WOT! :(

I zeroed mine after filling up...headed for home and had a good tailwind so I decided to see what she was capable under the "baby foot" and it pulled off 21 for a couple minutes:) Then all hell broke loose:dontknow: :D

I've made a game out of it. I reset the meter at fillup and I regulate my driving to shoot for about 12.5mpg by the time my tank is empty. Now, I am saying that with a straight face :dontknow: I'm that sick of a bastard. And I frequently have a verrrrrrrry fun Friday commute home to compensate for the relatively good traffic all week...:D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cool: :bird:

azpyroguy said:
On my trip back from vacation I hit 14.6mpg on the highway... the sweet spot was - 2350rpm, and 71 mph... any slower got less mileage, any faster got less mileage...

I get between 13.5 & 14.5 around town with a very light foot.
17.0 & 18.0 on the freeway at 75mph engine running at 1500rpm's.
6 speed manual trans and 4.10 rear end.
500H V10

WWOOOOOOOOWW... That's one time where high 14's and up look reeeeal good. My highest was 12.9.:(

I normally average between 14.6 and 15.5 doing 60mph on the highway. Yea it's slow but I save the gas....

One day just for the fun of it, I filled up and reset the MPG meter jumped right on the expressway and held it at a steady 60 MPH(which let me tell you is VERY difficult for me to do). I was able to get it to 20 MPG before I couldn't take it anymore and hit the gas. I usually get around 13 MPG taking it easy.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back