oh no ac issue?

drummer22

Reaction score
well ac been working fine but finally got the truck out again over the weekend and ac on any speed doesnt blow that strong no matter what. found out the blow alot air out on the passenger side floor must be not closing off guessing the flapper is screwed up or going bad? thats not fun to change and isnt cheap to get it fixed.

well ac been working fine but finally got the truck out again over the weekend and ac on any speed doesnt blow that strong no matter what. found out the blow alot air out on the passenger side floor must be not closing off guessing the flapper is screwed up or going bad? thats not fun to change and isnt cheap to get it fixed.

Is your truck an 06? If so the door in the hvac box broke and is covering the outlet for the blower motor. You can start by removing the blower motor and removing the broken piece of the door if you don't feel like fixing at this current time at least this way you will get some flow from the vents.

I just replaced the Recirc doors in my 05 ram and 04 rumble bee.the dash removal is very easy.you will have to remove the steering column as well.again this is easy.first u need to determine which door is bad.the Recirc door is the only one that can be replaced without evacuating the freon.any ways u have options.there's just too much to list.if u want to message me I can walk u thru the entire deal on the phone.at some point I plan to list instructions and photos for this as all ram owners will face this issue sooner or later.

Is your truck an 06? If so the door in the hvac box broke and is covering the outlet for the blower motor. You can start by removing the blower motor and removing the broken piece of the door if you don't feel like fixing at this current time at least this way you will get some flow from the vents.

+1 on this mod! I did exactly this and the only thing it affects is the recirc function of your AC. I usually have mine set on fresh air on all my cars anyways.:D

Awesome! If it does it again, and it will, just reach in there and yank that biatch out. It's a brittle plastic and you'll likely have to break it inside the ductwork to remove it from the HVAC system.:D

I got a minute or so into the video and turned it off.you do not need to remove the glove box or the 100 or so screws.this is the amature way and very hard.

Ok,watched the rest.the guy dosent install the upgraded housing he bought.instead he just swaps the door out.that will.get it goin till it beaks all over again.plus he breaks the plastic grate off the box.trust me,the dash comes out in almost one entire piece.I think the video should be used as an example of what not to do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back