Last edited:
nwappleby said:
so after my routine oil change i see some oil leaks in the following locations:

-drivers side lower valve cover front....loose valve cover bolts
-header bolts under the above location loose
-oil lines near front oil resovor block thing on passenger side under CAI kit

i lost nearly .5 quart

NORMAL?:nurse:

Tighten the valve cover bolts and see if the leak stops. Make sure there is not too much oil in the engine. Header bolts must be periodically checked as they will loosen, that is normal. The oil lines are prone to leak at the crimp (silver part that meets the black hose) see post by Zcx on replacement oil lines, also a new one currently on the list. The block thing under your CAI is the oil cooler. If your truck is still under warranty take it to the dealer to get checked out.

I picked up the stuff to do the aftemarket lines apply, gonna put them together tonight , and should have a price tonight or tommorrow with pics bo, looks like I can do em put together and ready to install for around thesame price ZX bought the pieces for , not sure yet, but hopefully

I picked up the stuff to do the aftemarket lines apply, gonna put them together tonight , and should have a price tonight or tommorrow with pics bo, looks like I can do em put together and ready to install for around thesame price ZX bought the pieces for , not sure yet, but hopefully

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

How many times do I have to tell you guys.....its not a f%*^*$$ oil cooler! :rock: Say it with me.....'exchanger' See it wasn't that hard! :D

:rock: :rock: :rock: they are all friggin heat exchangers!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

update.....checked it again.......slight leak again....

its the bolt head right under headers area on the block....

what todo?

nwappleby said:
update.....checked it again.......slight leak again....

its the bolt head right under headers area on the block....

what todo?

If it is still under warranty take it to the dealer and let them look at it. Make sure they have a SRT/Viper tech who knows what they are doing. Not sure what bolt you are talking about off the top of my head but could be more than just loose bolts.

ill take pics tonight...and post....

worried about dealer....first thing they are going to say.....its from the headers.....bellangers

nwappleby said:
ill take pics tonight...and post....

worried about dealer....first thing they are going to say.....its from the headers.....bellangers

Headers should not void your warranty. You are allowed to put quality after market parts on your vehicle. They are bolt on. You did not drill a hole in the block to put them on. Well at least I hope not :) The headers should not be a problem.

It all depends on the dealership if they want to look for an excuse to give you a hard time to not do the work. There are legal decisions on this if you search the net. I put headers on, the techs were admiring them not making excuses as to problems the truck may have had because of them.

Last edited:
here is the circled bolt where the leak is.....i didnt circle the one next to it...becuase its hard too see

Attachments

• leaky.jpg
    leaky.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 95
yea....I stole someone pics.......it was raining last night and didnt want to take pics in the heavy rain

nwappleby said:
here is the circled bolt where the leak is.....i didnt circle the one next to it...becuase its hard too see

That bolt and the others going down the line hold on the cylinder head. I don't mean to ask a stupid question but did you see if it was loose? The final torque setting for that bolt is 90 ft. lbs. Hopefully it is a loose bolt and not a crack.

stealership looked at it yesterday........TYPICAL!

they claimed it looked like it dripped oil all over the engine, and they wiped it off and let it run for 45 mins.....no more leak.........I said to them I have done that before and the leak creeps back everytime......they looked at me, and said just watch it.....

NICE!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back