Oil Change?

MacccDaddy

Reaction score
In your experience how much should I expect to pay at my local stealership for an oil change? Just called and they quoted me 150-180! Seems a bit excessive? Just called another 2 dealerships and no viper-tech's. Should I request/demand only a viper tech/level 4 (saw that somewhere) to change the oil, or just for servicing it?

Do a search on this site. If they have a viper tech, request they do the work. My first change was about $85 out the door. Since then, I have been getting coupons and get out for around $55-60.

Welcome to the madness....:rock:

avg is about 100.00

I just talked to Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge in S Salem NY. They specialize in vipers - so think that I'll bring it to him for work. Still looking at over $100 though for oil change...

He is very invovled in the VCA club and recommended ROE Racing for go-fast parts.

Anyone here have work done at Tators?

I just get dirty and do it myself. Easy to do and a hell of a lot cheaper than taking it to the dealership.

Stretch

MacccDaddy said:
In your experience how much should I expect to pay at my local stealership for an oil change? Just called and they quoted me 150-180! Seems a bit excessive? Just called another 2 dealerships and no viper-tech's. Should I request/demand only a viper tech/level 4 (saw that somewhere) to change the oil, or just for servicing it?

If you’re looking to save a few dollar and don’t want to do the work yourself. Have you thought about supplying the oil and filter…..Buy your oil and filter somewhere cheap like maybe Wally world (they have Mobil 1) I buy mine at Bennett’s auto supply. The dealers make a pretty good profit selling oil and filters. That way all you will pay is labor.

Smokin Joe

I do my own oil changes and keep all receipts for filter and oil.

And Tator's some kind of GOD in the Viper world. Your truck should be well taken care of there.:rock:

i dont trust anyone changing my oil where i live around here. heard someone had a oil pan cracked from a dealership a while back from being overtightened.

Free oil changes/filters for life from my dealer. Cost = 0! But wait until you get 15,000 miles on her and have to have the rear-end serviced....$120 for that! Nothing's cheap with these trucks!!!!!

I supply oil and filter and local oil changer does it for $25 labor. As for changing rear end oil.....its a 15 min job max. I change mine every two oil changes. Transmission is also quite easy. Been doing it every 10K. Don't forget brake fluid flush and power steering flush. Both are regularily overlooked and can lead to early failures/repairs. Mine may be driven hard but its well serviced and cared for.

Walmart for a two 5 qt jug of oil = 45.00
Oil filter from dealer = 6.00
Laying underneath my truck and take a nap = PRICELESS
-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back