oil change

marty pierce

Reaction score
what's best oil to buy for oil change? the brand and type someone told me to use mobile oil only...syn oil i have 71,000 mil.

You only have 3 options:

Royal Purple
Mobil One
Penzoil Ultra

Only 3 companies I believe that make 0w40, which is what is recommended for our engines. Mobil One was the suggested fill when our trucks were made says so on the oil cap. Pennzoil though just stroked a deal with SRT to be the new factory fill of all SRT vehicles and has been the factory fill for Ferrari. Royal Purple is great but a little pricey.

With royal purple I ended up burning so much oil by the time I had to do a oil change I was low 3 quarts. Went back to Mobil one and I haven't burn any oil.

Total quartz full synthetic. White viper filter also.

How often do yall change ur oil i heard with these trucks its longer between changes all my other vehicles i changed ever 3000 miles

Last time and only time I've got it changed they put on the sticker 6,000 miles till next change. Seems a little long for me, I've always changed my oil at 3,500-4,000 miles on all my vehicles and I'll probably keep it that way. I check my oil periodically and from mile 1 to the last time I checked it at 3,250 the oil still looks fresh.

Here's a question. Truck is getting put up for the winter today. Change the oil today and let the new stuff sit all winter or wait until spring to put new oil in it?

Thanks!

I stored mine with 1000miles on the oil, just added Zmax to treat the motor. I go and start it once a week and let it get to temp. But if you are near the OCI then I would change it out.

during winter i put fresh mobil 1 in it for winter and start usually every other week let get up to temp etc. all winter come summer put maybe 100-200 miles on it then switch it back to my royal purple been doing this since 05 when i bought it. 62k miles later still doing good :) but i change ever 3k miles normally here.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back