Oil cooler line leak

dead end cruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's right. I found the ever so much talked about leak. I pulled my battery out of the bike and truck today and as I inspected everything before I put the hood down and cover on, I noticed a wet spot on the passenger frame rail and a pair of oil soaked lines. Guess it is time to order up some of Stinkers lines, I don't really feel like burning my truck and garage down like the last guy on here. I have held out for nearly 2 1/2 years and now I think it is time to let the spending begin. My warranty is not up yet but I did just get my title in the mail two weeks ago! yes this 'ol gem is paid off and still has under 10k on it:D

Congrats on the payoff!!

You might talk to your dealer and see if they will install stinker's lines and let the warranty pay the labor. My dealer did this and gave me the new OEM lines. I sold the OEM lines to another member here for a low price. This would help recoup some of the cost of stinker's lines.

From the looks of it the install does not look all that difficult at all, plus it will cost me $300 alone for a round trip ticket to get my truck off and back on the island here. I'm thinkin it just might be worth it to do it in my garage. The only thing that worries me is I know from previous experience that dealers like to make any excuse not to do or cover the work if you do some work to the vehicle your self.

Yo Yarmie! the lines are very easy to install..just take out the passenger front wheelwell, and it's nice and easy from there, lay out a couple of rags for the little bit of oil that will spill from the lines and fittings and you'll be good to go...

get a holt of STINKER @ JTS Venom Performance. hes got the good stuff

fastbill said:
Yo Yarmie! the lines are very easy to install..just take out the passenger front wheelwell, and it's nice and easy from there, lay out a couple of rags for the little bit of oil that will spill from the lines and fittings and you'll be good to go...
Sweet! thanks Bill. Good to hear from you bud! hopefully the next time we all meet up maybe I will have a 'lil something done to this 'ol gem. Been trying hard as hell not to spend the money on the truck that I am supposed to be spending on the house... But by spring time I should know what is left over:D

lol, there's another thread about non-modded 'survivors', and you were the first l thought of, lol... in all sincerity, lines are a very straightforward install. Biggest issue is finding a big enough socket for the fittings that are on the block, but l'm sure you'll find a way. say Hi to Deserea...still waiting for you to confiscate the phone from her, lol....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back