Oil leak

screamindemon

Reaction score
Any one every have a oil leak problem? I just found the engine blood on my garage floor! :-/ I can't see where it's coming from, but I just recently replaced all oil hoses and they are all free of leaks.. Maybe valve cover or worst, left side of my engine.. Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem and may be able to point me in the right direction to finding it.

By left side, you mean drivers side? Did you recently have it serviced? How much oil are you seeing?

Left side looking at it or left side driver's side?

If its left looking at it check the oil lines.

If its driver's side are you sure it's oil and not P/S fluid?

again

ok the oil leak moved.. a few weeks after I replaced the oil lines the leak moved.. what could be causing it to do that??? im leaning towards the oil pan gasket, but with just under 50k miles I have to believe something else is causing the problem and making the leak go to the least point of resistance. there aren't any places within 200 miles of me that know how to service a srt-10 because I live in the middle of West- by- god Virginia AND I WILL NOT just take my baby anywhere to some half a*% mechanic!!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE, ANYONE...... PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

ok the oil leak moved.. a few weeks after I replaced the oil lines the leak moved.. what could be causing it to do that??? im leaning towards the oil pan gasket, but with just under 50k miles I have to believe something else is causing the problem and making the leak go to the least point of resistance. there aren't any places within 200 miles of me that know how to service a srt-10 because I live in the middle of West- by- god Virginia AND I WILL NOT just take my baby anywhere to some half a*% mechanic!!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE, ANYONE...... PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

check and make sure that oil is not running down your lines or whatever it may be and dripping on the ground somewhere else, causing you to think the leak is somewhere entirely irrelevant to where it actually is.

If it is in the back of the motor where the oil plug/inspection cover for trans is it could be the rear main seal. These are known to leak as well. However, have to remove the trans to replace the seal.

See if you oil running down the block if you believe it is from up higher and make sure it is not PS fluid as was already stated.

You need to look at it and figure out where it's coming from. We cannot do this for you.

Any decent tech can repair a leak with no problems, doesn't take a special "Viper" tech to do this.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back