oil pressure question

Maui Life

Reaction score
Does any one know what range my oil pressure should run? At 1500RPM or less, my gauge reads just over 25PSI, all other times it reads between 50 & 75, is this correct? Low pressure at idle OK, or should it be higher?

Thanks

2005 Black QC
Gibson exhaust
Volant cold air

My 04 with 3500 miles on it is about the same as FerrariTruck's...... ^^^^^^^^^^^^:D

Maui Life said:
Does any one know what range my oil pressure should run? At 1500RPM or less, my gauge reads just over 25PSI, all other times it reads between 50 & 75, is this correct? Low pressure at idle OK, or should it be higher?

Thanks

2005 Black QC
Gibson exhaust
Volant cold air

Welcome to the new home of the RBC!!! It sounds like your oil pressure is about the same as mine...

Mine 45-55 at idle.....70-75 under load......5500 miles on the clock.:burnout:

ROKTMAN said:
Pretty much like mine now.
But yours is always under load.:dontknow:

Oil Pressure

OK, Thanks.
I still kind of think a 40LB drop or so in pressure is kind of wide for us. Is/does anyone have a spec?? I have owned several different kinds of machines and never seen this kind of a variation in pressure. Maybe this ties into the oil viscosity question? I live where it’s always 70-90 degrees year round, maybe I should go 20-50 or something like that. I love this truck, I just want whats best for her, you all understand, right?

had_to_have_it said:
mine is about 25-30 at idle and 50-75under load also
I have been watching this issue myself - it concerns me. At idle my guage drops a bit below the 25 lb. mark! I'm due for an oil change soon - will discuss it with the dealer. Only 10750 miles on the odo.

it can depend on viscosity and outside temps, also if you idle alot in traffic.

If you are running 0w-40 like the manual says and sit in traffic or are close to change time or even run it very hard it will break down sooner therefore read lower.

Try going to 5w-30 and see if there is a change, also one thing to consider, what type oil filter is used, there are alot of good ones out there, but some flow easier than others. Try the mobil brand filter or the factory mopar filter and see if there is any changes.

they say you should change oil every three thousand, but as hard as some of us do, it probably should be done at 2000.

But do us a favor if you try the 5w-30 and the factory filter let us know if it works.

you could go to 20w-50 but its super thick, I think the most I would go is around 15w-40.

good luck bro.

oil pressure

OK, good thoughts. I of course started with the factory 0W-50. At 2000miles I changed to 15-40 Mobil One with a factory filter. Same results, still a wide gap in pressure. I now have 4500miles on my 2005 QC. So, how do I/we get the actual spec?

oil pressure

Thanks SRT 10,
Thats what I need. Now I can relax and just enjoy life. Very nice of you to help out

of course I screwed up you name, Thanks again RedSRT007. Super place you have here. I hope this becomes THE place for good information.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back