Oil/pressure?

drummer22

Reaction score
I started my truck other day noticed my oil pressure gauge said 75 at idle good or bad? What should it be? Also checked the oil few times stick shows nothing? Just got the truck haven't had time to mess with it or drive it yet who knows when it's been changed.

Last should I just use mobil 1 synthetic? Should I stick with black mopar oil filter what dealer says they use.

What year is your 10? 04 calls for 5w30. And 05 calls for 0w40. Filter use the Viper filter.

2005 ok yeah it worried me I'll look into it. Where do I get the viper filter? I think Walmart carries it?

Last edited:
I use the mobil 1 filter and mobil 1 10W-30 synthetic oil. . I get a little whine from it at cold startup that lasts for 20 seconds and pressure is at 75# cold and maybe 70 hot.

i have been using RP oil for 3 years now 5w-40 and usually either the Mobil 1 filter or the k&n filter never had any issues and mine is an 05 also.

I've used the K&N filters without a problem, but my dealer here in bum f*ck MT carries the Viper filters so now I stick with those. Wal-Mart will carry the Mobil 1 0W-40 for a lot cheaper than any auto parts store. Around here O'Reillys and Autozon want like $9qt and Wal-Mart is $6 and some change.

Q's should the oil pressure sit at 75. I turned the 10 on this morning and my pressure gage was reading a lil over 75 but as it warmed up it dropped? any input on this? after a few miles it would drop to 25 on idle an run up to 75 as i dipped on the pedal. I know this is normal right?

well was 3 quarts till showed full on the stick. gonna still change it and check everything else out sometime soon get to the shop and put it on the lift.

also how many quarts does my truck take of oil 9?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back