oil pump by-pass valve

Go with the one-piece relief (if yours is a 3 piece).
The 3 piece has been known oscillate or stick and blow up oil filters.

Last edited:
my oil filter is always SUPER tight and hard to take off when i do oil changes and i dont overtighten it at all. Could the by-pass valve be my issue? i have the 05 srt10 engine. If so where do i get this one piece valve from?

my oil filter is always SUPER tight and hard to take off when i do oil changes and i dont overtighten it at all. Could the by-pass valve be my issue? i have the 05 srt10 engine. If so where do i get this one piece valve from?

Oil filters tend to tighten up anyway.
Dodge changed the reliefs from a 3 to a 1 piece "sometime in 2005". So they should be available from a Dodge dealer.
If you have a 2005 or older and it is a 3 piece, order a relief for a 2006 and you should get the right part.

Oil filters tend to tighten up anyway.
Dodge changed the reliefs from a 3 to a 1 piece "sometime in 2005". So they should be available from a Dodge dealer.
If you have a 2005 or older and it is a 3 piece, order a relief for a 2006 and you should get the right part.

oh ok right on. Thanks. Yea i know filters get tight because of the pressure that goes through them but its hard to explain just HOW tight my filter gets lol. Like i feel like im gonna break the MUFO everytime. Its scary frickin tight lol

& either the cap will be loose or so tight that ya might round out the allen hole. had to get my air chiesl in there to get one "try" out.

also its a real tight fit for the o'ring on the new/one piece style. if ya got some Eaton silicon lube, thats a great o'ring lube, is the best to use. no worries bout cuttin the o'ring.

you'll also notice increased oil pressure, cold & hot

Mine made this whining noise when I first got it and has not since I did an oil change with that new white viper filter, at least for me.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back