Oil Question

DUPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done changing oil on the '05 QC and noticed before i changed it that the tubes that run near the oil filter to the engine, one says "Eng Front" one says "Eng Rear" had small amounts of oil on them causing a slight drip. It doesn't drip when the engine is off... only after running. Is this cause for concern? Could this be that there may be slightly too much oil in there causing a slight overspray?

thoes are your engine oil cooler lines. they do have o-rings that sometimes gives out and seep or in some cases just leak.

Thank you Dragon for the quick reply. Should I take this in to get fixed? I don't do much more than change the oil, fix other little things, keep fluids good to go.

i would keep a very close eye on it. once you get the time and cash then i would change them out. remember all your engine oil runs through these lines so you dont want to lose the oil. the oil lines are not to pricy so depending on how mechanically inclined you are you may be able to change them.

Stinker has some after market lines too.

TSB on the oil cooler lines. I've had mine replaced twice for free. Next time I'm going with Stinkers lines.

I have my stock ones laying around somewhere. No issues with mine. Went with Stinkers now.

I have a ? about TSB's...Does Chrysler still fix TSB's when your warranty has expired?

Stinker's replacement SS braided lines. Very easy to install. If you can change you oil you can change your lines.

DSC06726-1.jpg

my lines keep busting what stinkers contact onfo? and could this be a symptom of a bigger problem?

oem lines very easy to change,they have a wire quick connect c-clip,just pull it out pull off the line,push on the new one and put the c-clip back in,the ones Stinker have are way better ssbraided-lines,put them on and should get rid of future leaks,my stock ones started to seep around the crimped ends on the hose,power steering line did the same.

i need to replace all 4 of my lines again this year! i noticed that the crip is crap on all of the lines. so stinkers are better? where can i get them?

rmslattery said:
i need to replace all 4 of my lines again this year! i noticed that the crip is crap on all of the lines. so stinkers are better? where can i get them?

Stinkers lines are 10-1 OEM. Seen lots of pics they look great too!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back