oil Question

Black Venom-'04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question, i know the suggested oil to use for the 10, is mobile 1 ( in manuel) ...but im thinking of putting royal purple ? ...would it be that much more benifical? and how long do you guys wait to change your oil mileage wise? i usally do about 4 thousand...but people argue with me and say it can go longer...but they dont drive a 10:rock: ...(they drive a lexis ...mercedes) thanks Nick

Black Venom-'04 said:
Quick question, i know the suggested oil to use for the 10, is mobile 1 ( in manuel) ...but im thinking of putting royal purple ? ...would it be that much more benifical? and how long do you guys wait to change your oil mileage wise? i usally do about 4 thousand...but people argue with me and say it can go longer...but they dont drive a 10:rock: ...(they drive a lexis ...mercedes) thanks Nick
jsut use a good grade, most any today will do , some are a touch better some arent,

but as long as you change it regularly, around 2500- 3000 you should be fine,

best rule of thumb is to pull the stick, when it turns color , change it.

I switched to RP and it quieted the engine some but it's the 0w 40 and I just can't see the price for it, it's way expensive and I just can't believe it's that much better than the others. I'm goin back to Valvoline 20w 50 racing synthetic for spring track and summer, tomorrow in fact but I've been using it in everything for a long time. Mobil 1 is way easier to find and a lot more reasonably priced. Good luck on your choice.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back