Oil Temp Gauge

s8taxatty

Reaction score
Has anyone seen it move? If so, when? Mine sits at 200 and never moves.

Has anyone seen it move? If so, when? Mine sits at 200 and never moves.

You
May have a dud! It happens often it seems. Tap on it with your finger and it may start going again. If not you either need a sender or gauge. They are usually accurate though

I've tapped it. Can I read the input with a voltage meter to see if the sensor is good?

Thanks. I'll check it out over the weekend. It's on a 5 volt rail I presume.

I pulled the gauge and watched the sensor voltage changed as the engine heated up. The gauge remained stuck. I should have a new gauge by the weekend so we'll see.

Just got my 10 out of the dealership for some work. They had to order the oil temp gauge. If it isn't in soon, I guess I will have to buy one on the black market. With these trucks the word back ordered is a dirty word.

Just got my 10 out of the dealership for some work. They had to order the oil temp gauge. If it isn't in soon, I guess I will have to buy one on the black market. With these trucks the word back ordered is a dirty word.

I keep one in stock usually bro. Give me a shout and ill get you a great deal I'd they don't come through :rock:

The flywheel went out on me on my way back to Phoenix from Flagstaff. Had to be towed in (Thanks PhxPoolGuy). The dealership pulled it apart from the back of the block to the rear axle. Replace anything that needed to be replaced. They had to get the parts from Detroit, so they had the truck for about two weeks. While it was in there I asked them to fix the gauge. Thank GOD for extended warranties or the big dog would be on jacks.

Mine quit working as well, although it's going to the dealership for some additional maintenance the first part of October. If they can't come through I'll be hitting you up Scott.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back